T-mobile MDA vario help please

Guest bindaas

Guest bindaas

Hello,

I've had my vario for a couple of weeks and I have a few questions, could someone help please.

1.) My phone sometimes looses signal (at random, 2-3 times a week). The green light stops flashing and it begins looking for a network. I have to switch it off and on again and it finds t-mobile and works as normal. Anyone else get this?

2.) Ever since I've removed the GPRS monitor, my phone has stopped locking up and runs a lot better. Anyone else get problems with the GPRS montior?

3.) How can I format a mini SD card in the vario?

Thanks.

1). I'd say it was just a bad signal in the area you are in but if it connects to t-mobile's network fine when turned on, then it's possible it's something else. You could try the new Vario ROM as some people have reported they get better reception with it (it does have a newer radio version I think).

2) I removed GPRS monitor as I don't use GPRS much and it was just taking up space on the today screen. There are a few threads with people reporting that removing GPRS monitor made the Vario more "smooth" to use though. I'm not 100% sure it even works properly with the Wizard, I had a lot of problems getting it to actually do anything.

3) I don't think there are any apps that can do it, although I think it's supported by the OS. They should work out of the box anyway, although I guess damage (bad blocks) or an unsupported filesystem on the card would need a format. If you have a cardreader I think a standard FAT16 format works fine. Make you sure choose the correct filesystem though, above 2GB I think you have to use FAT32.

Edited by lekus

Guest zombiefly
2.) Ever since I've removed the GPRS monitor, my phone has stopped locking up and runs a lot better. Anyone else get problems with the GPRS montior?

hi, i've had mine a few weeks too, fantastic gadget!

did you install the version of the gprs manager that came with the vario install disc?.... I didn't, and opted for the latest version from the developers website and I can report that i've had no problems at all with it.... may be worth a go?

re: formatting sd card, I do mine using a card reader connected to my pc... there is another thread in this forum about formatting as fat32 or NTFS... that might hold some clues ;)