XDA Mini S does NOT ring anymore!

Guest bsterngillet

Guest bsterngillet

Hey everyone,

My XDA doesn't ring anymore when someone rings me.

If I go into phone options, I can change the ring tone, and they work in there using the play button. They are very low though, even when I put the phone's volume on max.

Then I go back to the home screen, try to ring my phone and it doesn't ring. The vibrate function still works and it still makes a noise when I get a text. Just nothing when it rings.

Any ideas? Cheers.

Guest jonhitch
Hey everyone,

My XDA doesn't ring anymore when someone rings me.

If I go into phone options, I can change the ring tone, and they work in there using the play button.  They are very low though, even when I put the phone's volume on max.

Then I go back to the home screen, try to ring my phone and it doesn't ring.  The vibrate function still works and it still makes a noise when I get a text.  Just nothing when it rings.

Any ideas?  Cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Silly question - have you checked that the phone volume control is on? Use your vol control (top left side of unit) to bring up the volume control. there you can change the sound of both the PC (alarms etc) and the phone (earpeice vol).

Apologies if you already knew all that - hope you manage to get it sorted!

Guest chucky.egg

I had the reverse of your problem with messages not sounding off, but the phone still ringing (same basic idea though)

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that it was PPC Profiles Pro that killed mine.

I did a hard reset and it worked again, then restored from a Sprite backup and it died again! At some point after the restore I did get it working, but I'd had to fiddle around so long I couldn't remember what I did so I ended up rebuilding by hand.

If you have PPC Profiles Pro then check the notification settings in that (they override the system notification settings)