Syncing appointments that were set up on the phone

Guest nuttyphilt

Guest nuttyphilt

I set up various appointments in my calendar on my Vario during the day for things that are happening later in the day. So when reminders pop up on the phone at the appropriate time I dismiss them. However when I sync my phone later in the day to my laptop all of the notifications suddenly pop up in Outlook - so I have to go through them all on the PC and dismiss them again. Doesn't seem like the correct behaviour to me.

FYI, I have the latest T-Mobile ROM installed but I don't know if it happened before the upgrade because I only started the new job this week where I need to use the appointments quite extensively :?: \\

Anyone else experience this?

Cheers.

Guest Phil Lee

That's the way Outlook has always worked. It catches up with all notifications it hasn't made as soon as it can. The notifications always appear on both the phone and the PC, even if the time for the notification is past on the PC. For example, I was away for 2 weeks, when I got back and powered up my PC I got half a dozen notifications from Outlook.

Guest nuttyphilt
That's the way Outlook has always worked. It catches up with all notifications it hasn't made as soon as it can. The notifications always appear on both the phone and the PC, even if the time for the notification is past on the PC. For example, I was away for 2 weeks, when I got back and powered up my PC I got half a dozen notifications from Outlook.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that but my problem is that I make an appointment on the phone for sometime later in the day, that time comes and I dismiss the notification on the phone then as far as I'm concerned when the phone syncs with Outlook sometime later (after the appointment) then that notification shouldn't appear because the flag for a reminder should be gone.

Guest Phil Lee

There are two independent flags for the reminder, one on the phone and one within Outlook. These flags are not synched, consequently when you sync an appointment with a reminder that has passed, the reminder will appear on the PC.