FM Transmittor... C550

Guest paulosman

Guest paulosman

Hey guys.

I just wondered if anyone has bought an FM Transmittor in order to use your phones mp3 ability with a car stereo?

I have a C550 and I know it comes with an audio lead for standard AUX inputs on a stereo but my car stereo lacks them so I was considering buying a FM Transmittor but they all have normal jacks on them and I'm sure they wont fit the little headphone input on the phone. Does anyone know if there is a jack adaptor of some kind that would enable it fit ok?

Any info would be great guys,

Regards

Oz

Guest avdl1999
Hey guys.

I just wondered if anyone has bought an FM Transmittor in order to use your phones mp3 ability with a car stereo?

I have a C550 and I know it comes with an audio lead for standard AUX inputs on a stereo but my car stereo lacks them so I was considering buying a FM Transmittor but they all have normal jacks on them and I'm sure they wont fit the little headphone input on the phone. Does anyone know if there is a jack adaptor of some kind that would enable it fit ok?

Any info would be great guys,

Regards

Oz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Oz

Ive had a scan through my Maplins Electronics catalogue and such a device and adaptor exist. The FM Modulator (L75AY) you require is £29.99 and a 3.5mm Headphone jack to two phono plugs (L46AJ) start from £7.99

I know the C550 has a 2.5mm input but you should have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor that was included with the rest of your phone package (assuming you got the music pack?)

I hope this info will help and you can try this link :

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criter...13m1&source=101

Regards

Andy

Guest jthspace

I bought three recently (FM transmitters) off E-bay and the dearest I paid was £20 which was for a transmitter that also accepted USB memory sticks and played them thru the radio. Quality is OK up to about half volume then breaks up a bit. The other two were slightly smaller than the C550. One was a transmitter than had 4 frequencies to choose from and the other had full 88 - 106 PLL frequency selection. Both work fine. Both cost £5 plus £5 shipping from HK. Run on 2 x AAA batteries or a 3v supply from a cig lighter power adapter.

They have 3.5mm jacks on the lead which will fit the adapter that came with the phone.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Guest paulosman

Cheers for the help guys.

I do have the Music Pack I jus totally forgot there was an adapter in there! My bad.

I'll probly try one of the cheaper ones on ebay with the 4 frequencies and if that doesn't work out I'll go for a more expensive one ;)

Thanks again.

Oz

Guest mini_man

they all work with incredible quality in my opinion, but if you only using it for the car i recommend the standalone car charger ones, i paid 99p with £6 postage and its as simple as pouring water, plug into car socket, plug into audio device turn car on and tune into 97.5 or wotever it says on the tin and your done

Awsome!

Guest mini_man

hardly, 107.5 isnt exactly the hottest radio station around infact it isnt one, the only problem i had was in london when driving i caught a little bit of radio jackie but that was it

What heytim might mean is that be careful which one you buy as there are some out there which use 88.1 or somethink which is radio one i think and which meens it isnt really possible to hear your tunes.

Guest hey_tim
What heytim might mean is that be careful which one you buy as there are some out there which use 88.1 or somethink which is radio one i think and which meens it isnt really possible to hear your tunes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly. some have a single frequency, some have 4 or 5, some are infinately variable. Worth bearing in mind when buying.

Tim.