i300 discontinued?

Guest wesbar

Guest Potatohead

Just had my i300x Tantrum too. :evil:

after calming down and looking at the specs, it appears at first glance to be identical other than an extra 1GB on the HDD. - Hope they enable the loudspealer for fonecalls on the next one. (theres gotta be a patch for that somehow)

Thought it was flinkin cheeky tho, i300 wasn't readily UK available till the end of last year then as soon as we get hold of em they superseed it. -- Blaggards!! -- :x

Never mind. Ive found that using HDD for music only and running every thing else from Transflash (including saving camera photos) optimises the slim battery life. TomTom actually seems to run smoother from the Solid state. Memory Access time seems to be quicker.

apparently 1GB Transflash available very soon this year from sandisk. One could always store mucho music on HDD and transfer 5cds worth as a time to Transflash for listening to conserve power.

Now iv'e got in the habit of whckin it into the cradle b4 bed each nite i think i've reached a good compromise on battery life, storage and outright music quality. Plugged my Sennheiser HD 25's into it the other nite and it nearly blew my head off. Awesome!!.

As far as upgrades go it doesnt look hopeful at the moment after having to explain that its not impossible to Flash the ROM, to more than one person i contacted at samsung to find out about WM5. Maybe i just got through to the wrong people. We'll soon find out as soon as someone gets hold of an i300x. If theres WM5 on there then surely it shouldnt be too hard for someone brainier than me to ghost the rom.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Now if only there was a way to fully switch off the HDD when you weren't using it.

Remember that blistering fast Intel Bulverde processor sucks the battery too ;)

P

Guest fluffcat1
Now if only there was a way to fully switch off the HDD when you weren't using it.

Remember that blistering fast Intel Bulverde processor sucks the battery too ;)

P

If the HDD disengages at 25% battery remaining level I really hope there's a way to disengage it at othertimes apart from not charging the battery that often. TBH I haven't used it enough to know as I find the relative low standby time makes the handset a bit useless for my needs.

Does anyone actually know what speed the Bulverde is clocked at in this device outside the ballpark of 3xx 6xx MHz I found? They could even be underclocking it!

Richard

Im quite annoyied at this, i shall be contacting o2 today and having a word with them as im still in my 14day grace period with this new contract i may just cancel it.

Im more miffed at the fact that this new version comes with WM2005, the extra gig is good but nothing major

Guest Potatohead
Im quite annoyied at this, i shall be contacting o2 today and having a word with them as im still in my 14day grace period with this new contract i may just cancel it.

Im more miffed at the fact that this new version comes with WM2005, the extra gig is good but nothing major

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Unfortunately i am outside of the 14 day cool off period so am unable to return mine. Although power issues & Windows version aside i am getting used to living with it now and really like it as a handset.

I actually found someone at o2 who knew what i was talking about with the windows fones.

Apparently, unlike orange, o2 have no input into the software build for their windows fones other than a few graphics & sounds, they come boxed directly from Samsung. This unfortunately means that o2 do not carry any real software support for windows mobile!! And as microsoft no longer actively support this version of windows mobile (according to their maze of a website) were stuck with chasing Samsung.

I have written to them twice now to no avail (not even an acknowledgement of my emails so far) so am about to embark on some no doubt protracted phone calls to samsung to try and get to the bottom of this.

wish me luck!!! :shock: