XDA Mini S Audio Problems

Guest t4ng0

Hi,

I've had a mini S for about a month now and I've got three audio related issues. I was looking for opinions before trying to get it replaced by O2.

1. Very occasionally audio sound effects don't play, and are replaced by a loud static burst. For example, when playing bubble breaker or using wififofum.

2. The speaker for phone calls is sometimes dodgy. In particular, one person I speak to who uses a Samsung D500 causes the speaker to buzz / rattle as if the speaker is blown.

3. Intermittently, the microphone seems poor at picking my voice up. It sometimes drops sylabells at various points while I'm speaking which makes it hard for people to make out what I'm saying.

Any thoughts or similar issues?

Cheers,

Rob

Guest zombiefly
Hi,

I've had a mini S for about a month now and I've got three audio related issues. I was looking for opinions before trying to get it replaced by O2.

1. Very occasionally audio sound effects don't play, and are replaced by a loud static burst. For example, when playing bubble breaker or using wififofum.

2. The speaker for phone calls is sometimes dodgy. In particular, one person I speak to who uses a Samsung D500 causes the speaker to buzz / rattle as if the speaker is blown.

3. Intermittently, the microphone seems poor at picking my voice up. It sometimes drops sylabells at various points while I'm speaking which makes it hard for people to make out what I'm saying.

Any thoughts or similar issues?

Cheers,

Rob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have the same static crackle issue with my t-mobile vario. still there after rom update too. :shock:

• 1 month later...
Guest adudley

well I've had my mda vario for 2 months now, never has it gon all static on me, except consistently with one of my mp3 songs, so its that mp3.

as for point 3, that can just be bad signal, but o2 signal is meant to be good.

this phone is for signal though, better than my mums motorola flip phone, and the same as my spv c500.

my speakers have never rattled, ever.

its worth noting I use this phone mainly as an mp3 player, so audio is my number 1, so you guys have got dogy phones me thinks