New LCD

Guest JMBrown32

Guest PPCPassion
JMBROWN32, I feel for you man. I am still trying to find the HTC contact info. However, during the process, I came across a review of LCD scratch remover. People claim that it works to remove approx 60-70% of the scratches. I know this is not what you need but thought it may be of some interest to you until you find HTC info. Here is the link:

http://store.yahoo.com/exchangecellular/dilcdscre.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am glad I could help ;)

Guest PPCPassion
Great price for that stuff too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have used that stuff about ayr ago on LCD screen of a digital camera but never on cell phone. In my experience, it took care of "hair line" scratches and reduced approx 60% of deep scratches. Not bad for a product that cost so little. I am glad it worked for him ;)

Guest PPCPassion
Yeah sounds great for fixing those light scratches. Might buy some for my iPod. The back is scratched after only 3 weeks ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMHO, if you want something for the back ONLY, and don't want to be bothered with heavy leather cases, I have been using e-grips and highly recommend them to prevent scratches and little bumps while putting down the device on the desk or in the car. you can check it out at www.egrips.com. I don't like using any cases, so I use a good screen protector to save the screen and egrips to save the back (and sides of the device in certain cases) without adding any bulk. Peiple in USA can also check out egrips at Radio Shack or Comp-USA stores.

Guest lopezpm
Well, after failing to contact HTC (America or otherwise) I ordered some displex and had it overnighted to me.  After about an hour of scrubbing my display, Im pleased to say its back to near new quality.  With the display on, you can't tell it was ever even scratched though when the phone off the screen looks a little different.  It almost appears as if this stuff just stripped a layer off the plastic.  In any event it looks great and I've put on the screen protector to help prevent this from happening again.  Thanks to those who helped...it was much appreciated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad you got it fixed. Where did you get your screen protector from and how does it look?

Guest MitchellO

Yeah I hate to use cases too. I ditched the case for my HTC Wizard because it was just annoying (not to mention ridiculously thick!), and there is no way I will use one for my iPod. I have an Exim screen protector (THE BEST QUALITY!) for the front of the iPod, and I cutup the back one to use for my SP5 screen ;)

Guest JMBrown32
I'm glad you got it fixed. Where did you get your screen protector from and how does it look?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ordered the Crystal one from Boxwave. I'm pretty pleased with it

Guest PPCPassion
Yeah I hate to use cases too. I ditched the case for my HTC Wizard because it was just annoying (not to mention ridiculously thick!), and there is no way I will use one for my iPod. I have an Exim screen protector (THE BEST QUALITY!) for the front of the iPod, and I cutup the back one to use for my SP5 screen ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right about bulky cases. I personally have used 3-4 different types of screen protectors but not Exim, out of those, I liked Martin Fields and by PPCtech the best. Do you have the link for EXIM retailer?

Thanks

Guest MitchellO
You are right about bulky cases. I personally have used 3-4 different types of screen protectors but not Exim, out of those, I liked Martin Fields and by PPCtech the best. Do you have the link for EXIM retailer?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just search on eBay for Exim. It would show stacks of sellers offering them. They rock!!