C500 TomTom backlight fix

Guest pjam001

Guest pjam001

The problem where the backlight would stay on after closing TomTom has annoyed me for ages. The only cure was to reboot the phone.

I don't know if this has been reported else-where but I have just discovered that the problem is down to using an animated homescreen. Don't know if it's all animated homescreens or just the one I am using (WindowsMobile 5.0).

If I use a modified version of this without the animation, or any other non-animated screen, the backlight behaves as it should.

• 9 months later...
Guest derek_plant
The problem where the backlight would stay on after closing TomTom has annoyed me for ages. The only cure was to reboot the phone.

I don't know if this has been reported else-where but I have just discovered that the problem is down to using an animated homescreen. Don't know if it's all animated homescreens or just the one I am using (WindowsMobile 5.0).

If I use a modified version of this without the animation, or any other non-animated screen, the backlight behaves as it should.

Didnt work for me, using standard windows mobile 5 homescreen, constant backlight :)