I can't get my Bluetooth headset to work - help!

Guest bongobongo

Guest bongobongo

I got an MDA Vario from T-Mobile yesterday and I'm trying to pair it with my Jabra Bluetooth headset. The T-Mobile user manual only mentions Bluetooth in the context of pairing with another computer or using it as a modem. I have (theoretically) paired the headset with the Vario and ticked the entry to use with the 'Hands Free' profile - but how do I actually use the headset? Am I being stupid?!

With my SPV C500, it was as simple as turning on the headset. The phone would automatically go into hands free profile.

Guest adchaffey
I got an MDA Vario from T-Mobile yesterday and I'm trying to pair it with my Jabra Bluetooth headset. The T-Mobile user manual only mentions Bluetooth in the context of pairing with another computer or using it as a modem. I have (theoretically) paired the headset with the Vario and ticked the entry to use with the 'Hands Free' profile - but how do I actually use the headset? Am I being stupid?!

With my SPV C500, it was as simple as turning on the headset. The phone would automatically go into hands free profile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To use my Plantronics headset, all I have to do is turn on the headset, turn on bluetooth on the phone (not necessarily in that order) and then hit the main button on the headset just to trigger the phone into noticing the headset is there and switching to headset profile.

Guest Drewtech

Is it normal with the Vario for it to always try and do a voice dial when the headset pairs. I had this with the C500 and my Jabre BT250. I was hoping it would be different with the Vario.

Guest adchaffey
Is it normal with the Vario for it to always try and do a voice dial when the headset pairs. I had this with the C500 and my Jabre BT250. I was hoping it would be different with the Vario.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean as soon as you pair your headset with the phone the voicedial pops up??

I've never come across that before. Doesn't happen with my plantronics headset anyway. Well it wouldn't do if I hadn't have washed the headset in my trouser pocket for the third time!!! Surprisingly, this time it's died!

Guest Drewtech
You mean as soon as you pair your headset with the phone the voicedial pops up??

I've never come across that before. Doesn't happen with my plantronics headset anyway. Well it wouldn't do if I hadn't have washed the headset in my trouser pocket for the third time!!! Surprisingly, this time it's died!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. It actually dials the first voicedial in the list if you don't hit cancel or say another voicedial.

• 2 weeks later...

My H&H Bluetooth headset (006) works fine with my Nokia 6310i but it is seemingly completely invisible to the Vario. I can't find instructions on pairing for this headset but as it only has two buttons it can hardly be difficult and the Nokia finds it straight away.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. It actually dials the first voicedial in the list if you don't hit cancel or say another voicedial.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sorted the problem.. I purchased a Jabra JX10.