Vodafone VPA Compact

Guest keeko

Hi does anyone know anything about the VPA currently being offered by Vodafone? I presume it's a Magician variant but I'm not completely sure.

I've been offered this handset for £50 via my local Vodafone Store (subject to a 12 month contract at £25 per month).

I'm keen to get back to Vodafone (as far as I know the best reception here in Brighton), however I'm aware that the Magician has been recently updated.

Any thoughts?

Guest Confused Stu

Yes, this is the Magician, and yes a new one based on the Magician has been released.

The difference is that the new one has 128Mb of memory and Windows Mobile 5 on board. I personally have an M500 (Magician) and once I did the simple BigStorage I've never felt like I'm lacking memory. As for WM5, I've never had it so don't miss it.

It's pretty much up to you - are you willing to wait and then pay more for the ability to run more programs at the same time and the newest operating system?

Yes, this is the Magician, and yes a new one based on the Magician has been released.

The difference is that the new one has 128Mb of memory and Windows Mobile 5 on board.  I personally have an M500 (Magician) and once I did the simple BigStorage I've never felt like I'm lacking memory.  As for WM5, I've never had it so don't miss it.

It's pretty much up to you - are you willing to wait and then pay more for the ability to run more programs at the same time and the newest operating system?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply Stu.

How do you find the M500 in general? Does it work well as a phone (ie reception and call quality) and how do you cope with the lack of keypad? I text quite a lot and I'm hoping the input options are going to be adequate enough to mean I won't miss the keypad.