M5000 and SPB GPRS Monitor

Guest mattgod69

Guest mattgod69

I have just got a new M5000 from Orange. The manual mentions the SPB GPRS Monitor (P109) but they dont supply it in the ROM or on the CD. Has anyone had this software out of the box? It is critical to have some software, otherwise you have no idea of usage unitl the bill come in! Cheers in advance for your help......

Guest FrankyG
I have just got a new M5000 from Orange.  The manual mentions the SPB GPRS Monitor (P109) but they dont supply it in the ROM or on the CD.  Has anyone had this software out of the box?  It is critical to have some software, otherwise you have no idea of usage unitl the bill come in!  Cheers in advance for your help......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you're not gonna find it in the box or the CD..it's not supplied. I have read on this forum that some people have complained to Orange about this, bought the software and had Orange pick up the bill for it. My M5000 didn't come with a spare battery so I complanied to the Orange executive office, nice bloke called me back the next day and agreed to send me out a spare battery. if you don't ask... ;)

Guest mattgod69
No, you're not gonna find it in the box or the CD..it's not supplied. I have read on this forum that some people have complained to Orange about this, bought the software and had Orange pick up the bill for it. My M5000 didn't come with a spare battery so I complanied to the Orange executive office, nice bloke called me back the next day and agreed to send me out a spare battery. if you don't ask... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi.... I have complained, they are looking at both the software and the abttery at the mo.... I will keep you all posted!

Where in the documentation does it say we should have been shipped a spare battery?

I saw the mention of GPRS Monitor but cannot see anything about the spare battery?

Guest mattgod69
Thanks, I have emailed about the battery and the software and will let you know what the reply is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was talking with some guy yesterday. He is coming back to me on Monday. Will let you all know how I get on!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mattgod69
Hi

I bought an M5000 and tried to get the Spb GPRS Monitor working. It will not work see

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/smartphone....html?en#locked

I managed to get orange to take unit back and refund me

How can they sell a device and not allow you to monitor the data used

Idiots

Bought an o2 exec instead and that's another story

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sammo.... the monitor seems to work on my m5000..... the m5000 is actually a pocket pc too so thats why it should work ok??

Edited by mattgod69

sammo.... the monitor seems to work on my m5000.....  the m5000 is actually a pocket pc too so thats why it should work ok??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done I just could not get it to work

Guest mattgod69
Well done I just could not get it to work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Sammo.... its interesting you could not get it going. I dont want to teach you to such eggs, but you did ask it to monitor connections automatically??..... i dont think it works otherwise?? What ROM is your phone and what version monitor did you install..... i dont want to buy it if there is a problem with it if say I update my rom etc....!! i was gonna buy it later because the trial has expired...

Guest Dave_UK

To clarify, I have an M5000 with the generic Orange ROM and SPB GPRS monitor works fine - it just has to be set correctly, which took me a few minutes of trial and error.