Orange homescreens on a NON ORANGE device!

Guest XNUK

Guest Chorlie

Thanks James & Roma,

I didn't know a .rar was a type of zip file.

Ok I've created on my Storage Card - Application Data\Home and have copied homescreen.dll & HomePage.xml into it. I've installed the regsvrce.rar into My Documents on my phone (storage) and run it, I entered \storage card\application data\home\ in the box, the "register" was checked and clicked "ok".

I turned the phone off & on and nothing. No new Homescreens & when I look in the Storage Card\Application Data\Home on the phone its empty, but view it via my PC those 2 files are there.

I tried it again but this time with 4orangeh.dll in the Storage Card\Application Data\Home re-run everything again rebooted the phone and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong.... >;o(

Thanks for any help

The Idiot.

Guest roma0803

Unpack the regsrv.rar on your computer. Copy the file (.exe) that comes out to your phone and run it. In the box enter the name of the dll ("homescreen.dll" or "4orangeh.dll") and click OK. Reboot phone.

Guest Chorlie

Hi roma,

I've Unpack the regsrv.rar and copied it to \storage\my documents and run it from there all seems fine with that. In the blank box (above register) I entered

\Storage Card\Application Data\Home\homescreen.dll and clicked OK.

I rebotted my phoned, but nothing seem to happen, the screen hasn't changed and there isn't any more option in the Homescreen page.

Will the C500 screen run on a SDA II or do you know of any thats been made that works like the Orange C500 homescreen. I'm looking for fixed icon down the left hand side. I've found one (C500 Mac) that has the look I want but does fit or work right on my SDA II.

I've tried Jamma14's XP but again doesn't seem to work right on the SDA II (think its to do with the Orange Plugin). Might try Jamma's Mac version.

Cheers for all your help.

Guest Jamma14
Hi roma,

I've Unpack the regsrv.rar and copied it to \storage\my documents and run it from there all seems fine with that. In the blank box (above register) I entered

\Storage Card\Application Data\Home\homescreen.dll and clicked OK.

I rebotted my phoned, but nothing seem to happen, the screen hasn't changed and there isn't any more option in the Homescreen page.

Will the C500 screen run on a SDA II  or do you know of any thats been made that works like the Orange C500 homescreen. I'm looking for fixed icon down the left hand side. I've found one (C500 Mac) that has the look I want but does fit or work right on my SDA II.

I've tried Jamma14's XP but again doesn't seem to work right on the SDA II  (think its to do with the Orange Plugin). Might try Jamma's Mac version.

Cheers for all your help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chorlie, copy OrangeHomescreen.home.xml from the \Windows directory of your c500 and put it in the \Storage\application data\home of you sda.

Then select orange as the homescreen in the settings menu.

If everything else worked correctly, then it should get you the homescreen you desire.

My homescreens are only for the c550 or other QVGA screens.

Sorry bout.

James

Ps. You aren't an idiot :)

Guest Chorlie

Hi Jamma,

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm getting somewhere.

I now have Orange to select within the Homescreen setup, but there aren't any icons down the left hand side.

Any ideas?

NOTE: The T-Mobile SDA II has a 2.2" QVGA TFT-LCD screen or so it states in the user manual.

I thought it was just a re-branded C550 (and T-Mobile C*** Software on it)

Thanks again

Guest Jamma14

Ahh okay sorry you can try the mac and xp ones then - for those you will need 4orangeh.dll, and for the orange screen you'll need homescreen.dll - are you sure you registered them properly??

Try this xml instead, it's designed for QVGA. It needs the homescreen.dll so try registering it again.

And what exactly does it show when you select orange? Can you take a pic of the homescreen for us??

James

OrangeHomescreen.home.xml

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Chorlie

The Orange homescreen I have is: Black line at the top with signal strength battery etc, bottom is just gray and the main screen is just white. When I go into the menus its orange when I scroll up & down, its just the icon (SMS, Camera, Web, Missed Calls etc)are missing.

I've tried your MAC one and for some stange reason I have the Icons at the bottom and again accross the middle.....

UPDATE - Re-done the regedit and copied over your new OrangeHomescreen.home.xml file, I now have woking icons down the left hand side same as the C500......but it doesn't fill the whole screen only covers 2 thirds its in the top left so have a orange stripe along the bottom and down the right. It work but just not usable. I guess its to do with the SDA II phone (240x320) and the orange c500 (176x220)

Anyway to make it full screen?

Edited by Chorlie

Guest Chorlie

James,

I've got your Mac Homescreen working, I hadn't downloaded the monitorplug.ARM.

It's an excellent homescreen

Just miising the Notepad & TCPMP Shortcuts.

I guess its just the mapping and maybe the software which is missing off my phone.

Great work.

I've downloaded the Notepad software, can't find the other, just can't get the mapping right

Edited by Chorlie

Guest Chorlie

Thanks for that Roma,

Thats all working find now, just having fun with the Notepad mapping.

Notepad in install in my Storage Card\Program Files

And I still can't get the Orange Homescreen working right, I can't get it into 240x320 format.

Any ideas (on both)

Guest roma0803

You can check the xml file where it is looking for Notepad and edit it a bit to match the paths on your phone.

I don't know about the Orange homescreen. I sold my old Orange phone a couple of days ago and did not copy the homescreen.dll from it before that. So can not play around with the Orange homescreen. Just an old version (v2.0) of the 4orangeh.dll.

Edited by roma0803

Guest Jamma14

Hmm..weird about the orange hs. Not sure what to suggest.

EDIT: Actually, it may be that abaxia changed the .dll itself for the c550 to work with QVGA screens. If that's the case, then it won't work with the one from your c500. :)

Like roma said, just edit the mac xml to the location of your notepad, if you are unsure of how, let me know.

Also have a try of the xp screen, it should be working now although you'll need to install the RJtime plugin as well. (smartphone.peakin.com)

James

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Chorlie

I'm still having problem with the Orange Screen, I've tried editing the OrangeHomescreen.home.xml from off my C500 with some of the C550 that Jamma linked me to (namely the screen sizes), but has no effect. I notice with Jamma14 Mac Screen there are .jpg / .bmp for the back drop, would there be any with the Orange one, which is set at 176x220 when it needs to be at 240x320 to work or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers again

Edited by Chorlie

Guest monacoslo

I can not copy 3orangeh.dll from |Windows folder on my SPV E200. I'd like to use the same home screen on same phone with generic qtek 8080 software. I only get error "excutable and resource files in ROM can not be copied". Can anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vimafeje

it works for me! i have a spv c500 whit wm5 and now all the orange menu is working on it! pretty good, but the phone is much slower....

i rester the file 4orange.dll and homescreen.dll whith WM5_REGSVRCE.EXE succefully and reboot my phone. now he is spopping.... is this appening to anyone else?

Guest roma0803

From my 4orangeh.dll (FILEVERSION 1,0,0,5; PRODUCTVERSION 2,0,0,0):

"LegalCopyright", "Copyright © 2002,2003 Orange PCS Ltd"

In the homescreen.dll no mention of copyright, just "Version 1.3.8"

Edited by roma0803

• 1 month later...
Guest FonZi
I can not copy 3orangeh.dll from |Windows folder on my SPV E200. I'd like to use the same home screen on same phone with generic qtek 8080 software. I only get error "excutable and resource files in ROM can not be copied". Can anyone help me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get the same error ! Any Help ???

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xavierjohn22

I cant register the .dll using the regsvrce.exe

It says error eveytime i hit okay.

I have a c500 at and t rom sp2003se.

Loadlibrary (\storage\application data\home\")failed.

GetLastError returns 7e

Anything i did wrong?

I tried every combination possible to register it, always error.

Like \storage\application data\home\4orangeh.dll ,and a lot more no success

Edited by xavierjohn22

Guest Ytsejam_

how come i just get the error "ERROR OPENING THE SHORTCUT OR LOCATING THE TARGET FILENAME" when i chose icon links to contacts, today, and camera??

is there any way to fix this?

Guest vimafeje
how come i just get the error "ERROR OPENING THE SHORTCUT OR LOCATING THE TARGET FILENAME" when i chose icon links to contacts, today, and camera??

is there any way to fix this?

Hi!

try to hard reset your device, but before doing this make backup off all your data in your smartphone!

Guest xavierjohn22
I cant register the .dll using the regsvrce.exe

It says error eveytime i hit okay.

I have a c500 at and t rom sp2003se.

Loadlibrary (\storage\application data\home\")failed.

GetLastError returns 7e

Anything i did wrong?

I tried every combination possible to register it, always error.

Like \storage\application data\home\4orangeh.dll ,and a lot more no success

NOW WORKING!