Talking Point: What do you use your phone for?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hoopmaster51890

i use my phone usually for just using media functions (skate videos play surprisingly well on mpx200 courtesy of tcpmp lol)

In this order .....

E-Mail (exchange and pop3)

calls

sms

PIE

calander

tasks

MMedia

Anything else I can think of.

Apart from the high cost (up till now Ireland operators did not stock smartphones) smartphones have to be my best find ever. Took a chance with the SP3 and have never looked back :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prosody

Mebbe a bit late to his thread but here goes anyway.

1) Calendar / PIM functionality

I have a terrible memory, never really bothered me before but it stresses girlfriends when you forget anniversaries and such so have to use it religiously now. :)

2) Offline Browsing

I used to use AvantGo everyday to get some nice webpages to read on the bus and such, it was handy for Wi-Fi syncing while getting changed in the morning, now I ve discovered HubDog which is great too and have replaced AvantGo totally.

3) Texts / SMS

I rarely use the voice part of the phone, if I do its rarely for more than 20 mins at a time.

I text mainly and the qwerty keyboard on the Wizard is Ideal for this

4) MP3s

Before my headphone jack packed up I had a good load of music on my 2Gig SD card as well as the PodCasts (which HubDog also manages for me now) I like to listen to.

5) USB Mass Storage Device

Using WM5torage it's great to beable to plug it into all those different computers and have useful things on there. ;)

Having sent my wizard off to be repaired I'm stuck with a Samsung E720 for a couple of weeks, my bus too and from the city is over an hour in each direction and if it wasnt for my Nintendo DS I'd have snapped and killed the passengers long since. :D