C600 WM5 ROM UPDATE

Guest Potatohead

Guest Potatohead

Hi All,

Just joned the C600 Ranks after ditching my i300. =D>

Previously had C500 and flashed with Q-Tek Rom.

Can anybody tell me which is the cleanest WM5 rom update and where i can get it?

Ta Very Much. :cheesy:

Guest Potatohead

Cool,

I just found the following ROM: i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0 at this ftp--> ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

Is that the same one you used for your C600?

What was the de-cert, toggle unlocking and CID (whatever that means) Change Procedure you did for?

When i threw the Qtek rom on my C500 i didn't do any of that 8-[

My C600 is sim unlocked but would i have to App Unlock it to Flash the rom, dunno if my C500 was App unlocked or not cos i got it 2nd hand.

Guest trevormuk

That looks like the one ...

I Sim unlocked the phone first (using the free version available from this site). If you pop over to www.spv-developers.com you can reead all the stuff you need to do. By changing the CID this allows you to change the ROM.

Its probably easier if you have a look at spv-developers and read about it. Best to understand it before you start messing about with changing the ROM - otherwise you may end up with an expensive paperweight..

Cheers

Guest Potatohead
That looks like the one ...

I Sim unlocked the phone first (using the free version available from this site). If you pop over to www.spv-developers.com you can reead all the stuff you need to do. By changing the CID this allows you to change the ROM.

Its probably easier if you have a look at spv-developers and read about it. Best to understand it before you start messing about with changing the ROM - otherwise you may end up with an expensive paperweight..

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Spent about an hour rummaging through posts and got up to speed with CID. :shock:

Do you think running the Typhoon NBF tool, Deleting & recalculating the operator field header, have the same effect. Thats how i flashed the C500 with Qtek and it worked fine. Or do you think changing the CID would be more stable. :??:

Guest Potatohead
Hi,

Spent about an hour rummaging through posts and got up to speed with CID. :shock:

Do you think running the Typhoon NBF tool, Deleting & recalculating the operator field header, have the same effect. Thats how i flashed the C500 with Qtek and it worked fine. Or do you think changing the CID would be more stable.  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seeing as i started this thread i thought i'd better update it with my C600 successes. =D>

Carried out "Regedit.exe" Root Cert unlock Followed by Applicatrion unlock via "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe" All Successful :)

Carried out CID changed to 11111111 and unlocked everything else via "SPVServices.exe". All successful.

Flashed with IMATE Rom ( i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0 ) Which i found on imates ftp site (ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/)

imate rom is very clean and runs quickly & smoothly. No glitches yet to report.

No nasty orange stuff either :D/

Removed orange badging with tried & Tested 20p method.

Installed MOBYMEMORY 2GB MINI SD and it works fine at a satisfactory speed.

For those who are interested in using their own headphones without MIC facility to listen to music. Have purchased adapter from expansys (http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119290) ((hope its ok to post that link??)) which converts 2.5mm 4 pole to 3.5mm 3pole stereo. Sounds good on my own headphones.

Next job is to change the long push function of the Button above the volume keys so it opens media player.

With iMate ROM the long push open the voice notes recorder. So-Far can't find the shortcut for this in windows folder or any other Grr! :x

If anyone has already done this could they tell me where to find it. Ta.

Hope the above is of some use or interest.

Seeing as i started this thread i thought i'd better update it with my C600 successes. =D>

Carried out "Regedit.exe" Root Cert unlock Followed by Applicatrion unlock via "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe" All Successful :)

Carried out CID changed to 11111111 and unlocked everything else via "SPVServices.exe". All successful.

Flashed with IMATE Rom ( i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0 ) Which i found on imates ftp site (ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/)

imate rom is very clean and runs quickly & smoothly. No glitches yet to report.

No nasty orange stuff either  :D/

Removed orange badging with tried & Tested 20p method.

Installed MOBYMEMORY 2GB MINI SD and it works fine at a satisfactory speed.

For those who are interested in using their own headphones without MIC facility to listen to music. Have purchased adapter from expansys (http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119290) ((hope its ok to post that link??)) which converts 2.5mm 4 pole to 3.5mm 3pole stereo. Sounds good on my own headphones.

Next job is to change the long push function of the Button above the volume keys so it opens media player.

With iMate ROM the long push open the voice notes recorder. So-Far can't find the shortcut for this in windows folder or any other Grr! :x 

If anyone has already done this could they tell me where to find it. Ta.

Hope the above is of some use or interest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quick question:

What is the difference between the NRE and WWE versions of the i-mate SP5 ROM's. I thought WWE stands for World Wide English, but I don't know what NRE means (if I am not wrong about this all together).

Thanks!

Guest rsearley
Quick question:

What is the difference between the NRE and WWE versions of the i-mate SP5 ROM's. I thought WWE stands for World Wide English, but I don't know what NRE means (if I am not wrong about this all together).

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NRE is Northern Region English, the rom contains UK English as opposed to american english

some people have also reported the NRE rom leaves more space on the device

Guest Potatohead
NRE is Northern Region English,  the rom contains UK English as opposed to american english

some people have also reported the NRE rom leaves more space on the device

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Having Tried Both I Can confirm that NRE is Definitely better if you want UK English, and it does use less slightly less memory. Did make a not of how much but have flinkin lost it :| .

iMate NRE rom is very clean & quick. No Bugs to report so far.

Still haven't got any further with finding the Long Push shortcut for the C600 side button above the volume keys. You'd think it would be LONG_POC as the short push is SHORT_POC. But i cannot find any LONG_POC file on the fone????

If anyone gets there first please put me out of my misery. :roll:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

On the C550, the POCs are read only, system files. To view, you need to open your PC's My Documents folder > Tools > Folder Options then click View tab.

Mark 'Show hidden files and folders' and uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files' and 'hide extensions for known file types'. Try it.

Guest Potatohead
On the C550, the POCs are read only, system files. To view, you need to open your PC's My Documents folder > Tools > Folder Options then click View tab.

Mark 'Show hidden files and folders' and uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files' and 'hide extensions for known file types'. Try it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Found another thread dedicated to this so will continue on:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=Post&C...388&qpid=708385

Has everything visible but can't find a Long_POC Boo.

Guest Potatohead
Wasn't Long Poc the prison in "Out of Sight" ?

Just wondering...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure.... if thats the clooney lopez one i didn't see it.

Sounds more like an old Kung Fu movie character to me :cheesy:

is there any chance you or someone could put together a easy to follow step by step guide on how to flash the c600 with this rom.

possibly detailing all bits that needed eg software etc etc thanks ever so much

Guest trevormuk

If you check this forum and the forums at www.spv-developers.com there are already very good tutorials on the different processes required to be able to change the ROM.

I personally think it is better for you to seek out, read and understand what you are actually doing, before attempting to perform the process.

You have a lot to lose if you mess it up - so at least go in to it with your eyes open :)

HTH

very true but sometimes a easy to follow step by step instruction takes the worry out of it and also having to look at various different pages.

Im sure lots of other people would possibly like a guide too.

Edited by bleep

Guest trevormuk

I was very worried about changing the ROM.

The way I reassured myself was by reading everything I could find on this forum and the sections at spv-developers.

Honest mate it will be worth it in the long run :)

ive flashed my c600 with the imate rom and its lovely.

ive then tried the cingular to see what the difference is.

Like both of them.

only big problem on both is that I can not wap / gprs or mms to work on the phone as there is an option missing. the "connect mms" that was in the original orange rom

does anyone know how to get this fixed or were i can get the original orange c600 rom from

Guest Potatohead
ive flashed my c600 with the imate rom and its lovely.

ive then tried the cingular to see what the difference is.

Like both of them.

only big problem on both is that I can not wap / gprs or mms to work on the phone as there is an option missing. the "connect mms" that was in the original orange rom

does anyone know how to get this fixed or were i can get the original orange c600 rom from

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you got the ROM Flashed ok. (fun innit)

When you flash the rom you lose ALL your GPRS/MMS/MMSC/Proxy settings. and have to load everything up again, sometimes in different places to the previous ROM version.

You can find settings for most networks in the repository in this site.

My GPRS joy so far:

C500 to Qtek ROM: WM2003 - All the places to put settings were in different locations took 2 days to figure out. (then i found a CAB file that does it automatically !!!! :oops: )

Samsung i300 stright from O2: WM2003 - O2 didnt set up MMS properly at all took 4 days to sort it - O2 & samsung didnt have a clue.

C600 to Imate Rom - WM5 - Erm... working on it at the mo. Struggling a bot coz the wm5 layout is slightly different from wm2003 so bear with me on this one.

I tried the following imate CAB file (O2_Contract_UK_SP_V1[1].4.CAB) but i think that was for WM2003 as it doesn't work. Trying manually at the mo.

Does anyone know where to find the wm5 settings cabs on imates website? :| everywhere i go you have to be a flinkin member.

hmmm used the setting on here and still having problems

hopefully someone will find away around this or a fix...

Its a shame I cant just go back to using the original orange rom...

unless someone has it :)

Guest rsearley
hmmm used the setting on here and still having problems

hopefully someone will find away around this or a fix...

Its a shame I cant just go back to using the original orange rom...

unless someone has it :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats always one of the risks of trying a rom that is not intended for your device

if you are lucky orange wont be too far behine qtek and imate in releasing the rom update with push email, then you can go back to a genuine orange rom

Guest Potatohead
I could get the O2 settings cab for you. Message me with an email address and I'll send it to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the offer i'll drop you a message & Try the CAB file. :cheesy:

Essentially the different handset isn't the problem as the basic architecture is the same other than the lack of WiFi in the C600.

The issue is with the different networks builds of the wm5 software. If the Imate o2 settings work in an SP5 they should work in a C600 as the settings will be in the same place.?! We'll see.....

I might also backtrack through some earlier posts as, knowing my luck, someone has done all this already.

I'll post update after trying the CAB. :shock:

UPDATE!!

Many thanks to Iain for the CAB file. It worked perfectly. =D>

The cab file does leave a small programme on your phone which isnt too much of a prob unless you are pushed for memory.

If you're like me and don't like erroneous progs on your phone then i have been through the settings the cab file put on and attached a text file which takes you through where to go to put the settings.

-->> BLEEP -- You should be able to substitue the o2 specific settings for your own network provider settings to get it going. Give it a try & let me know if it works.

C600_WM5_Imate_ROM_O2_GPRS_MMS_Instructions.txt

Edited by Potatohead