Making PPTP VPN connection

Guest ultimate_fish

Guest ultimate_fish

Anyone successfully made a VPN connection over wi-fi? I've tried, it spends a while trying to connect then announces that it can't. Desktop PC over the same wi-fi link is fine.

Have I missed something silly?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it over WiFi and it kind of works.

It connects and I stay connected I can also browse http servers in the VPN. But as soon as I try to connect somthing that requires my username and PW like Samba share or Remote desktop the VPN connection ends itself.

Guest ultimate_fish

How have you got it set up?

I admit to being confused about all the internet/work connections. Also in the connections dialogue there's a setting where you choose which connection to use for what, and that doesn't list the wi-fi adapter.

I'm totally confused.

Guest ultimate_fish

OK, I can make a PPTP VPN connection now. After downloading the VXtools I can verify the connection, ping addresses on the private network etc.

However, as soon as I try to make a remote desktop connection it seems to drop the VPN connection. Making a remote desktop connection without first connecting to the VPN doesn't work either.

Basically what I'm trying to do is make a PPTP VPN connection over wi-fi and then use the terminal server client to remote manage a server.

Anyone made this work? Should be easy!

As described I had the same problem you describe with the connection being dropped as soon as i connect a TS server but for some strange reason (haven't changed a thing that i know of) it now works the connection no longer drops and i cann connect to TS servers in the network.

One thing that still doesn't work is opening network shares on the domain neither with Total commander or the build in file explorer. I think the problem is that is doesn't ask me for login data.