Orange ROM upgrade

Guest Larnsky

Guest Larnsky

I see all these other networks releasing ROM upgrades but is there an official one out there yet for the Orange SPV M5000?

I'm dubious about trying to install one from another network.

Guest philtech44
I see all these other networks releasing ROM upgrades but is there an official one out there yet for the Orange SPV M5000?

I'm dubious about trying to install one from another network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No Orange ROM upgrade as yet... but hey, when you take into consideration how long it took them to RELEASE the M5000...... you may as well experiment with the others!!!

I have and have learned a lot through doing so.... if you read the instructions carefully you will be fine... and once you test different components you'll end up creating your own personalised ROM which is definitely better than whatever you expect from Orange! ;-)

Guest Larnsky
No Orange ROM upgrade as yet... but hey, when you take into consideration how long it took them to RELEASE the M5000......  you may as well experiment with the others!!!

I have and have learned a lot through doing so.... if you read the instructions carefully you will be fine... and once you test different components you'll end up creating your own personalised ROM which is definitely better than whatever you expect from Orange!  ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it still covered by Orange care though if you accidentally imobilise your phone?

Guest philtech44
Is it still covered by Orange care though if you accidentally imobilise your phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry... Orangecare??

This IS Orange we're talking about!

Guest philtech44
Sorry... Orangecare??

This IS Orange we're talking about!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously though... probably would infringe any warranty or insurance I guess... just as it would for any other network provider... It;s a case of do what you think you're comfortable with I guess...?

Obviously research carefully and take necessary precautions where possible...

if you dont feel able - or are worried then don't do it...!

Good luck whatever you choose...