XDA Mini ring problem and other questions

Guest clifhanger_uk

Guest clifhanger_uk

I have a XDA Mini S and have recently noticed that the ring tone doest ring when I receive an incoming call.

ive set various tones via settings>sounds and notifications, by right clicking on various sound files in device>my docs, by placing tones in Windows\rings and by using menu>options in phone. I have the sound on full and have set it to Ring, vibe and ring etc but it is always blank. Cant be corrupt files because whatever I try it doesn’t work. I have done many soft resets.

Any suggestions please - Im missing all my calls ;) I don’t want to hard reset unless I really have to :?:

To try to kill a few birds with the one post I have a couple of other questions if any of you might answer:

2) How do you get rid of the annoying 'O2' operator logo that you can slide across the top bar.

3) Wifi is difficult to manage. Cant browse a list of available hotpoints like u can with windows I found a utility but it doesn’t support WM5... Anyone know a good util for this?

4)My tip: Remove O2 active from startup folder and it gets rid of the O2 selections on the left of the screen.. Speeds up performance dramatically and creates more space for Today items.

Thanks all

• 4 weeks later...

Did you find away of getting rid of the damn O2 logo at the top??

::EDIT:: Explore My Device, navigate to Windows/startup then in that folder delete the connections app link. This will get rid of the O2 logo at the top

A good wifi browsing app you might like to try wi Wififofum....CLICKETY HERE

Edited by bachy