Converting a jam/mda compact into an m500

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

Hello,

just did this today (casing - wise) . Possible but fiddly. The worst bit is getting the rear shield with the IMEI plate to fit - you have to trim certain areas of the metal plate or it won't go. Other than that fairly straightforward except the rubber USB cover is in the way. Everything else works / fits perfectly :-)

jam / mda casings are in my experience impossible to get hold of so all you jam owners can now have a nice shiny new looking m500 :-)

Any questions? I'll post some pics when I find my camera.

Richard

haha niceone :)

My main speaker has just died on mine and am going to have to take the thing appart (again) to replace it (hopefully)---might give it a new case while im there--how much are they/where do you get them from?

Yeh my Jam is out of warrenty by about 2 months :-( , its like they build these things to break after a year.

cheers for the ebay link, I might try and find the whole case tho as I dont think the grey/silver combo will look very good :-D

If you know the specs of the speaker that would help me out alot---I think ill be able to fit it no problem---might have a look and see if i can actually get a better speaker :-P

Cheers

Guest fluffcat1
Yeh my Jam is out of warrenty by about 2 months :-( , its like they build these things to break after a year.

cheers for the ebay link, I might try and find the whole case tho as I dont think the grey/silver combo will look very good :-D

If you  know the specs of the speaker that would help me out alot---I think ill be able to fit it no problem---might have a look and see if i can actually get a better speaker :-P

Cheers

From my pictures here:

http://www.modaco.com/Dissassembling_an_M5...n_-t230855.html

it looks like a standard earpiece with spring connections, so any similar sized nokia etc earpiece will work.

You will need the whole case as the way they fit together is different - with the m500 you have the outer ring of black plastic attached to the front case, the jam's screen comes away like a normal phone fascia.

If you're after a full casing I'll list some in a bit as it's me selling them :-)

Richard

yeh im after a full casing ;-)

Its actually the main speaker thats dead, so I can still make phone calls etc just cant hear the phone ring or play music from it :>(