C550 Unlock Screen Clock Tweak

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Allow me to share this...

By default, the C550 ‘Unlock Screen Clock’ makes use of the short style date format (M/d/yyyy). Such format will appear as ‘1/24/2006′

snap1519db.jpg

With a little registry tweaking, you can have it show a ‘modified’ long style date format like the one below. Knowing the day of the week is important for me so I prefer this setup over the default format. 'Tue Jan 24' looks better than '1/24/2006' IMHO. :D

snap1520hc.jpg

Please note that the tweak will only work if you have the ‘digital clock’ and date enabled. You can see it under Settings > Unlock Screen Lock.

snap1576xx.jpg

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The tweak appears to have a compatibility issue with the Orange abaxia plugin. If you are using the ‘Orange’ homescreen layout, expect to have a blank screen. You can either use another homescreen layout (anything not using abaxia plugin) or choose not to load the tweak.

Installer:

USCTweak.zip

Unzip then double-click EXE on your PC to proceed with installation. Read the instructions carefully. The EXE is a Nullsoft Install System multi-CAB setup launcher intended to make installation easier. Scan with your favorite antivirus program if in doubt. If still paranoid that 'gpcarreon' would sabotage your phone, check the CABs and other setup files located at the default destination folder C:\Program Files\Smartphone Tweaks\C550\USC Tweak. Taken from this blog entry. ;)