i300 - Mass Storage

Guest EMGenius

Guest EMGenius

hi all,

I have just got one of these phones, I have upgraded from a c550.

I was planning to use the HDD as a memory stick but i have come accross a problem: Every time I connect to me comp with Mass storage activated I cannot copy any files to the phone, I get a message stating the the origonal file could not be found, this is the case no matter what file i try to copy accross.

It seems to have instaled correctly, i have installed and re-installed many times and have rebooted (both phone and comp) several times at different stages .

has anyone else had this, or got any ideas on how i can get arround it?

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by EMGenius

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EMGenius
Does it read the drive ok?, eg can you see the folders and files aready on the hdd, and do you see it as a removable drive in windows??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The phone reads the drive ok and i can see it in windows but it looks as though it is empty. there are many files on there but can see then in windoes when connected as mass storage (I can when connected with active sync)

Thanks for your help.

Guest mafioso

ok looks as tho you had the same problem as me, after a while after the code ten stuff, it would connect to the phone, and when you open the disk drive via my computer, no files or folders show.

i just restarted and re-installed the stuff, however youve already done that, all i can suggest is that you remove all instances of usb mass storage from the device manager. and then restart the computer and the phone, but wait till the computer is fully booted before connecting. ive just reformatted so i gotta get it working again. shall keep you informed. hopefully i have the same problem and get it working.

Guest mafioso

ok just put it in, installed fine needed comp restart, but removed phone before it rebooted.

Then it appeared in my computer as TFAT under devices with removable storage.

The only folders you can see are the My documents folder and the MY items folder. suppose this is because the usb storage is designed for use with the hard drive so only the visible files on the hdd can be seen.

Oh is sp2 installed?

Edited by mafioso

Guest EMGenius

Thanks for the Info, I will give reinstalling everything a go, in the order you say (i can be quite haphazzard when installing stuff). I have insalled in a few times already, butanything is better than taking several days to copy an mp3 with active sync!

i have SP2, if that makes a difference?

Cheers

Guest mafioso

Dunno if sp2 makes a difference, but it sometimes does, knowing windows.

but im at a loss now, only thing i could suggest if it doesnt work is change the usb port its plugged into, for mine to work properly i had to put it into a usb 2.0 port rather than a 1.1.

Hope you get a round it, hate it myself when things should be working and they dont.