MPX200 - is my fone dead?!

Guest afroahmed

Guest afroahmed

I was just about to package up my phone to be sent to someone who bought it from me. I thought it would be a good idea to master reset it before i send it, in case it still contained my details.

After doing so... my phone is broken! It does the startup sequence in a loop but never gets to normal state!

EG Hello moto screen > orange screen > Smartphone 2002 screen > organge screen > hello moto screen> etc etc

it keeps alternating between them, then after about 10 mins just dies. I have to take the battery out to try again.

I cant even factory reset it anymore... it doesnt work! What can i do? PLEASE HELP ME.

p.s i hjave never flashed this fone with illegal roms etc.

A point to note : after the second time when the orange screen is appearing... if i close the phone and look at the external lcd it displays a battery meter, and INSERT SIM.

UPDATE - after a while it now says - AIRPLANE MODE ON blah blah please turn off and all i can click is DONE, this brings me back to the hello moto screen grrrr!!!!

Edited by afroahmed

Guest awarner [MVP]

Have you tried starting the phone with a valid SIM?

What happens when you try to hard reset? also make sure the phone was not plugged into the pc etc when doing the hard reset.

Guest TOPGUN1988

Are you still playing with 2002 OS???? I can't imagine my MPx200 withought the 2003 OS and there is even a Windows Mobile 5.0 version for it!!! I mean MP3 ringtones and stuff!!! How can you still use the 2002?? :shock: :shock:

Guest awarner [MVP]
Are you still playing with 2002 OS???? I can't imagine my MPx200 withought the 2003 OS and there is even a Windows Mobile 5.0 version for it!!! I mean MP3 ringtones and stuff!!! How can you still use the 2002??  :shock:  :shock:

Because it's more stable and it's official software not some back street hack\beta.

Guest XiSt3nCe

I can't agree it's more stable. My best experiences have been with the WM5 Rom. But no MPx200 will operate the same. Neither will any computer with the exact same hardware, flashing your phone is risky, but rewarding. I guess depending on what you use the phone for.