Texting problem with c500

Guest alexis_winters17

Guest alexis_winters17

Hi, 2 problems, since yest. I've noticed that sometimes I'll recieve a text, I can read some of it in the inbox, but when you open it up to read it properly it's blank, until you hit forward and you can read it properly! Most frustrating, but no where near as annoying as my now occasional inability to send text messages, I keep tapping send to no avail, and the menu options don't work. It's only occasional though, but it's major pain!

Help!

• 3 months later...
Guest geosta
Hi, 2 problems, since yest. I've noticed that sometimes I'll recieve a text, I can read some of it in the inbox, but when you open it up to read it properly it's blank, until you hit forward and you can read it properly! Most frustrating, but no where near as annoying as my now occasional inability to send text messages, I keep tapping send to no avail, and the menu options don't work. It's only occasional though, but it's major pain!

Help!

My phone has just developed this exact same problem, anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Guest geosta

Hi Alexis,

I finally got a chance to play with this issue, and have discovered that it seems to have something to do with the amount of SMS you have in the phone. I had about 3,000 SMS messages in my Inbox and Sent folders, having not deleted any since I started using the phone in February 2005.

I downloaded a program called SmartPhone Studio, where you can use to access all your SMS folders. I deleted about 1,000 SMS from my Sent folder, and haven't had a problem sending any SMS since.

Hope that helps.

G