SCUMMVM

Guest kam_

Anybody have this working? I have noticed some quirks...

1. About the UI, it seems weird to have the keys move the mouse and the joystick move the menu options. Seem like it should be the other way.

2. Any chance of having the keymap screen inside the games premapped for the SP5 joystick?

3. Once a user gets into the VM options on the top of the screen, the controls stop working.

4. Why doesn't the VM show up in the task manager. It is the pits to have the VM drawing on parts on the screen or leaving the cursor left on top of everything and not be able to shut it down without powering off.

Edited by kkrull

Add this to your .ini file and it becomes alot more sensible :)

[smartphone]

action_mapping=0111 0112 0114 0113 011a 011b 0030 001b 0039 0000

action_mapping_version=4

u should be able to exit from the SCUMM menu.. i think its the # key.. i forgot now

3. Once a user gets into the VM options on the top of the screen, the controls stop working.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also having this problem, but now I always get the top scummvm menu. cant get rid of it at all. Not even with #

Cheers

Jamie

Edited by taemo

action_mapping=0111 0112 0114 0113 011a 011b 0030 001b 0039 0000

action_mapping_version=4

Also im guessing the above action mapping relates to (SPV C600)

0. 0111 up joystick cursor up

1. 0112 down joystick cursor down

2. 0114 left joystick cursor left

3. 0113 right joystick cursor right

4. 011a left softkey left click ?????

5. 011b right softkey right click ?????

6. 0030 ?????

7. 001b ?????

8. 0039 ?????

9. 0000 ?????

Any help filling in the gaps would be cool.

It is also strange how this doesnt show up in the running tasks, the only way to kill it is to turn the phone off. Has anyone tried if it shows up in xbar ?

Cheers

Jamie

Guest finsmaniac02

go to that forum page that was listed:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=...der=asc&start=0

and go to what is now the last page, i think it is page 6 or so... and there is yet again another patched version. This version took care of the issue (for me) where bringing up the vm menu (double clicking near the top of the screen) would lock all the other keys. Now I just can't figure out how to bring up that menu at all lol, but I am not sure what that menu was actually for, because I am sort of a noob, this is my first time with the scummv emulator for a smartphone. I have a cingular 2125, maybe this wont fix stuff for other phones, I dont know.

The only problems i have is that it doesnt fill up the whole screen, but the only game I have right now is beneath a steel sky. I havent gotten into my old day of the tentacle or anything yet to see if that will fill up the whole screen. Also, in the bottom of the screen (that is not being filled anyways) the battery meter comes through every now and then. All in all, it is pretty cool to be able to play these games on my phone though

Yeah I have down loaded the lastest patched version it behaves differently to the

first on my SPV C600. I still get the ScummVM menu across the top and cant get

rid of it, but if I click the softkeys (mapped to left and right click) I get a little red cross appear on the music note & script icon!!!.

I have not yet being able to get any sence out of the controls on the C600 no-matter how much playing around on in the .ini file I do. I can sometmes fluke a

menu pop up or options pop up now and again. Even rarer is actually the game

starting and getting to the first user input, which I cant control.

This said im really looking forward to it working playing Monkey island on my phone is one of those things that would have been thought of as so impossible back when I was originally playing them!!!. Awesome work from the scumm team.

Has any one else got this working reliably with a C600, if so could they post the ini file?

Thanks very much

Jamie