Tambayan Thread

Guest grifter

Guest rodnav

@kap

i won't be able to send the settings till tom evening. in the meantime, try looking at coolsmartphone.com. there are video settings there. or at the software forum here.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest dinoalbert

here's what I got from some threads here:

for PocketDivX (.avi)

1. Get hold of VirtualDub (freeware):

http://www.virtualdub.org/

2. And DivX codec (you'll have to pay for this and I think only version 5.02 works with PocketMVP):

http://www.divx.com/

3. And finally get 'My Dub Settings V2' from this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=6358

4. When you've got DivX installed and virtualdub running, open your video file in virtualdub.

5. Then load 'My Dub Settings V2' in virtualdub (there's two settings in the zip file you downloaded, normal & letterbox):

File -> Load Processing Settings

6. Then save the AVI and it should compress audio and video very nicely in DivX and MPEG formats.

for Windows Media Player (.wmv)

Before you star make sure

You have downloaded and installed Windows Media Encoder

You have something to convert. (Notice that Windows Media Encoder does not support DivX and other highly used formats)

Step 1

Start Windows Media Encoder; it should look something like this:

Step 2

Select New Session Wizard from the session menu item, or press Ctrl+W

Step 3

Chose Convert an audio or video file into a Windows Media file and press Next >

Step 4

Chose a file you want to convert and where you want to convert it to and press Next >

Step 5

Select File will stream from a Web server or play directly on a computer and press Next >

Step 6

Now you should have a dialog named New Session Wizard, where you have to select a profile.

Sadly Windows Media Encoder doesn?t have a default setting suitable for the smart phone so we have to create one for us self.

Therefore click on the button Create and Manage Profiles.

Step 7

Now you have a dialog where you can manage your current profiles, we need a new profile so we click the New button.

Step 8

Time to name your new profile, lets be wise and call it something we can remember later. Type in SmartPhone in the Name of profile input field, and hit the Next > button.

Step 9

A New Profile dialog should be visible on your screen now, containing some text about Audience Selection, again we want a new profile, so we click the button New.

Step 10

Call your new Audience setting SmartPhone and write 70k (for 70 kilobyte) in the Maximum bit rate input field and click OK

Step 11

Your new Audience setting should be created and selected as shown, so all we have to do in this step is click Next >

Step 12

This is the hardest step because we have to select a lot of stuff.

Let's go.

Audio

Codec: Windows Media Audio V8

Format: 10kbps, 11kHz, mono (you want 20kbps, 22kHz, mono if there is a lot of music in what your converting)

Video Codec: Windows Media MPEG-4 Video V3

In the Video size select box we chose Custom.. and hurry on to next step.

Step 13

Now we need to type in the video format...

If you have done nothing to your media player write 160 as width and 120 as height.

If you have installed the advanced skin for media player you have a larger screen in your Media Player and therefore want 176 as width and 132 as height.

(Don?t know what the advanced skin is? click here)

When the values are typed in click the OK button. When done click the Next > button.

Step 14

Type in the blow settings for Individual Video Stream Setting

Frame rate: 8

Key frame interval: 2

Image quality: 0 (it?s a slow phone and we want fast motion)

Click the Next > button.

Step 15

What you should have now is a status window containing information about the settings we just made.

Check you did made all the right settings and click Finish

Step 16

Now you are back to the Manage Profiles dialog, click Close

Step 17

Olla you just created your smart phone profile, and if everything is well it should be selected.

Click Finish

If a popup containing a lot of information pups up, just click OK

Step 18

Ok that?s it now all we have to do is click the Start button to create smooth video for your smart phone.

ei guys please help me naman. gusto ko sanang id download yong wav na sinong nanay mo.. kaso ayaw maidownload e..help me naman guys ;)

what do you mean,"ayaw ma-download"?what's the error message?

Guest BrAGoL
ei guys please help me naman. gusto ko sanang id download yong wav na sinong nanay mo.. kaso ayaw maidownload e..help me naman guys ;)

it should be downloaded if you click it or right clicksave target as...

Guest chibako
i read somewhere here that ML is proposing the next inuman eb on wednesday...

yup, nag post say dun sa GLOBE CSD setting thread... ayos eb ng mga taga modaco noh?! inuman! hehehe! ;) mas madali kasing magshare ng ideas kapag kasama cna sanmig lite! hehehe! :D

Guest spv_dman

@spv_dman

Meron na ngayong lumabas na episode 301 ng smallville. available thru armadillo. ;)

Yup nakita ko na thru W I N M X. Ongoing yung download :D

Guest sonborj

@dinoalbert or anyone...

re codec files

how about the MJGP codec? where can i get this? its the simple playing of my avi files from my SAP to the PC with a windows media playre ver9 that i want kaso no MJGP codec installed e.

Guest rodnav

sorry, my computer is acting up! double post

oh well,

may as well make use of this.

have any of you guys seen the new matrix revolutions trailer? it's awesome, just finished downloading from the official site, now i'm converting it to AVI then divx for pocket_mvp. the movie will be shown here on Nov. 5, 10 pm. the release will simultaneous all over the world, same time. meaning 6 am in LA. any other matrix fans here?

also, has anyone seen the new Lord of the Rings 3: Return of the King trailer. another awesome movie. trying to convert it but so far, i'm unable to do so.

Guest kapitan jackal

@rodnav, Ml at sa lahat ng bumate' - big thanks pards, pasensya ngayon lang nakapag post, medyo busy dito sa presinto eh

3-11pm ako whole week. sana pag may EB mahintay nyo ako ;)

2 beer lang? pare bitin yan... 2 barrel na lang!

if our group here in manila can come up with 2 barrels for you, would you come over? we'll request sweetyls to pick u up. ;)

Guest mariolouis

guys, please refrain from quoting large msgs. if you wanted to quote, maybe you can just take a part of the message, coz there are mobile users here and we don't want to bulge up our GPRS usage. just a piece of advice! thanks!

@kap

kelan ba talaga koya???

Guest chibako

if our group here in manila can come up with 2 barrels for you, would you come over? we'll request sweetyls to pick u up. :lol:

hehehe! ;) ayaw mo pa ba yan sonborj? 2 barrel! punta kana dito sa manila! :D

@ kap,

kelan nga ba? :lol:

Guest sonborj
@sonborj

you don't have to quote everything dino said. please edit your post, it's way too long and redundant!!

kumpadre, galit ka ba? kaw naman... pagbigyan mo naman ang newbie..

hehehe! ayaw mo pa ba yan sonborj? 2 barrel! punta kana dito sa manila!

- ayos to! bantay lang mo di mo mutuman sa inyo istorya ha....