EXTROM unlock for Prophet

Guest PaulOBrien

The same issue currently exists on the HTC Charmer (MDA Compact II). It's possible to unhide the extended rom but not to unlock it to editing...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure I saw an unlock tool for this on XDA Dev , I will have a look .

Not my work, it's the Wizard EXTROM unlocker, works a treat.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should be able to copy the files on the extended ROM to an sd card for backup. Then with total commander or another good file manager remove the read only tags from the indevidual files. You should be able to delete from there.

No, doesn't work....

I have unhidden the extended ROM fine, but deleting doesn't work correctly, neither does writing to it.

Try it! :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't got my device with me at the moment . Check this and see if this does the trick

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\TrueFFS1]

"Key"="Drivers\\BuiltIn\\TrueFFS1"

"Flags"=dword:00000004

"SoftwareWriteProtect"=dword:00000001

"AutoDPDMode"=dword:00000001

Guest dave106
The same issue currently exists on the HTC Charmer (MDA Compact II).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it doesn't, not mine anyway. Was able to delete/add/edit all the files from the Ext_Rom2 after running the cab and soft resetting. Have changed the config.txt to only run the files I want that came with the phone and removed the rest.

Once your all done, remove it from settings>system>remove programs and soft reset again to hide it all away.

Best to do all this without a SD card inserted, in some cases it renames Storage Card to Storage Card2 and its more tinkering to get it back again.

Edited by dave106

Guest dave106
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\TrueFFS1]

"SoftwareWriteProtect"=dword:00000001

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats not on my Charmer, its also not on early Wizard ROMs either. Newer Wizard ROMs do have it though and users of those also can not edit the Ext_ROM, I guess thats what stopping you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickcornaglia

During initial setup, I soft reset my device before customization/instalation of ExtROM files begins.

Then I ran the ExtROM unlocker.

I then went into the Extended ROM and installed Backgammon, SmartDialer, and ClearVue.

At this point, I wish I could just delete the extendedROM or better yet, delete it and create my own.

Guest dave106
I believe it's here:

Default_MP_Shortcut_MMS1_JAVA_VOICE_CV_051213.CAB

But dont quote me on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that'll only install some shortcuts into the startmenu. the phonepad is a default function of wm5, so theres probably a registry entry thats hiding it. one of the extended rom cabs will change that setting.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dave106

whatever stops you from changing the ext_rom goes deeper than the registry or OS. After installing the 818pro os on my charmer and hard reseting so i have the 818pro reg too i can still edit my ext_rom.

Guest Gnuig
whatever stops you from changing the ext_rom goes deeper than the registry or OS. After installing the 818pro os on my charmer and hard reseting so i have the 818pro reg too i can still edit my ext_rom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really was sad to learn this :cry: as I had hoped it would be no sweat to put in another t9 file (T9DanishLdb.dll replacing one of the other T9 LANG dll files) but this seems to be a no go due to the fact these files are in the ROM.

Is there anyway around this, other than flashing another rom (maybe waiting for a new nordic qtek file)... or will changing the rom to say, the i-mate rom fix the issue?

Hope you guys can help.

By the way ... I believe this reg. tweak will do the same thing as the unlock app. (found in the wizard specific forum, but I can confirm it works ok on prophet)... Unlock hidden rom:

HIDDEN:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\AutoLoad\TRUEFFS_DOC1] "Bootphase"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\TRUEFFS_DOC1] "MountHidden"=dword:00000001

SHOWN:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\AutoLoad\TRUEFFS_DOC1] "Bootphase"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\TRUEFFS_DOC1] "MountHidden"=dword:00000000

Cheers,

G.

Guest PJDamen

I just installed the Extended Rom Unlocker. After that I was able to change the read-only status of the files in the rom with Resco File explorer.

So now I can change and make my own extended rom and "upgrade".

Guest Gnuig
I just installed the Extended Rom Unlocker. After that I was able to change the read-only status of the files in the rom with Resco File explorer.

So now I can change and make my own extended rom and "upgrade".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I have been told now... it has to do with the ROM version, as in my case is a 2.x varient, thus NOT being able to replace any writeprotected files.

Please prove me wrong!

My ROM is 2.9.7.24 WWE ... what is yours?! Anyway, I have lost all faith in WM5, once again!!! Why, oh why?

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, until this issue with updating the ROMs will to be fixed :evil:

I just hope that someone here can come up with a solution to put Danish on my phone.

PLEASE, PLEASE, please help :roll:

Regards,

G.

Guest PJDamen
As I have been told now... it has to do with the ROM version, as in my case is a 2.x varient, thus NOT being able to replace any writeprotected files.

Please prove me wrong!

My ROM is 2.9.7.24 WWE ... what is yours?! Anyway, I have lost all faith in WM5, once again!!! Why, oh why?

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, until this issue with updating the ROMs will to be fixed :evil:

I just hope that someone here can come up with a solution to put Danish on my phone.

PLEASE, PLEASE, please helpĀ  :roll:

Regards,

G.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My version is 2.9.7.24

Edited by PJDamen

Guest Gnuig
My version is 2.9.7.24

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you are saying you can delete a t9 file, thus replacing it with another, then softreset, and it will remain changed.

I don't thinks so.

Please prove me wrong!

G.