Custom Message Tones

Guest mafioso

Guest mafioso

Before i delve in and attempt to fail.

Anyone managed to assign custom sms / mms tones to the i300?

if you did which directory did you put it in?

Regards Mafioso

Guest mafioso

OK got it working so ere it goes.

It wouldnt workl for me as a mp3 format file so it will need converted to wav.

Once done the wav file needs to go into storage/application data/sounds.

Once in there it should become viewable within the list when you go to change the message / alert sound.

Hope this is useful

Mafioso

the i300 will use mp3 and wma files as ring tones without converting to wav.

when you have your files listed in my items/my sounds, simply highlight the song and in menu, cut, then paste into storage/app data/ and into sounds.

then go to the start screen, press setting/sounds and the song should appear in ringtones.

for message tones you can only use wav/midi files.

hope this helps.

Guest Adami300

HI wonder if any of you can help.

Just got the i300. Know a very little about PCs and Mobiles.

Have been trying to assign a download ringtone as a SMS alert.

At the moment it will only allow me to use the sounds that was on the phone when I received it.

Read the above but still having trouble.

I have mp3 files and a amr file (don't know what that is) that I have been trying to set at my SMS tone, however none apear in the list.

I have found the files under the HDD in my documents but when I select them them to edit they won't let me cut them to put in the 'storage/application data/sounds' file.

Anyone tell me where I am going wrong please??

Edited by Adami300

Guest mafioso

ok first move them to your hard drive, for sms tones it needs to be a wav file. you caan find converters over google.

Then once the wave is in 'storage/application data/sounds', it should display in the list when you go to change the tone in settings. i tried with mp3 but didnt work.

Edited by mafioso

Guest Adami300

You mean Hard drive on PC

Do you know if you can use downloaded mp3s as custom ring tones for numbers stored in the phone??? Same as with SMS non of them I have download come up???

One other question if I can.

I used to have a samsung D500 and I have tried to transfer my images that I had download over the year to my phone and use them as wallpaper as before. However when I have done this and assigned it on the home screen it comes up as a small picture in the left hand corner. Is there a way enlarge to full screen or centre it??

Cheers for your help

Edited by Adami300

Guest mafioso

ok just make sure the sms is .wav, .mp3 dint work for me in the case of sms.

yes you can set custom mp3 ringtones. but unsure if you can set them to different people. havnt tried myself however all my numbers are stored on sim, so i have no reason to see why you cant.

For the custom mp3 tones put the mp3 into 'storage/my documents'. The mp3 should then appear in the ringtone list.

ive just tried putting an image on my phone and when set to homescreen it was centered and in the middle. so cant help u there. only thing i can suggest is that you try and resize the image to the phone screen size. (240x320)

ps yer sorry meant pc hard drive.

Guest Adami300

Thanks for the info managed to put a wav file on my phone yesterday and was able to set it as a sms alert so thanks for your help there. However it didn't go into the Storeage area it went to the HDD with the MP3s. this might be cos I sent it to the phone by bluetooth as having trouble getting the Activesync working on my PC for some reason.

Cheers for the info.

Guest Adami300

Thats lost me now.

I tried to install the activesync on my PC. Installed the outlook first has I didn't have that on there.

Once outlook was installed I installed the Activesync on pc. That seemed to work fine.

Then connected the phone to the pc using the USB cable however when i tried to sync the PC and phone it kept coming up with an error message. Can't remember what the message was now but told me to go into outlook click on help and find and repair files or something and that should sort it. Done all that and said ok but then done the same thing again so gave up.

If I manage to get it working can I transfer files from my PC to the phone without having to use bluetooth then and put them in the directory that I want????

This might also be why the pictures I sent to my phone are always in the corner.

Can you get things like word and excel on the phone?

Guest mafioso

with the disc that you got with the phone there is some usb drivers on it, install them, i havnt bothered to sync it with my e-mail just with my computerwhen you first connect the phione a list comes up in which you can tick which ones you would like to sync with, i only think i ticked one, and never had a problem with it, but as i said i havnt synced the phone with e-mail so i dont know what the problem is. try searching the forums for a solution as it mite just be a software issue.

However if you do get it working u can transfer files without bluetooth into any directory - including the phones own storage and the hdd.

Guest Adami300

I don't want to sync it to my e-mail. i don't use e-mail on my pc at home as don't have the internet.

All I wanted to do was to sync with my phone so can transfer files.

I will uninstall the software and re-install and try to install the USB drivers as well and see if that works.

Thanks very much

Guest mafioso

dont have a clue what the outlook thing is then, yer uninstall, restart, install, restart and then put phone in. make sure you done use guest and unticjk all boxes that you dont want.

Worked for me, oh have you got service pack 2 installed, could be that.

Guest Adami300

Managed to get it working last night.

Uninstalled it and then started again. When it was installed selected it only as a guest partnership and that seemed to work. Managed to move files around in my phone and install the free stuff that comes on the disk.

Still can't get the images I download on there to be in the centre but will try to sort that out over the weekend.

Thanks for all your help.