O2 MMS on the Qtek S110

Guest dreadnought

Guest dreadnought

Hi there.

I have had an s110 for 6 months or so, but never really bothered too much with the MMS - I set it up and forgot about it. Anyway, someone sent me a picture message the other day, and it didn't come through. I checked if I could send messages, and I couldn't, so I did a quick reset, and the send worked fine. The recieve still doesn't work though. I've checked the settings against those I got from the o2 shop today, and they seem ok, but something must be wrong for it not to work.

Has anyone successfully set up a magician on o2 to use MMS, or is there something obvious that is a common mistake when setting these up on any network?

Any help would be appreciated.

--Gavin

Guest dreadnought
mine worked fine.

once i had set up GPRS manually, there was an o2 icon that let me get settings..

it did take a couple of trys though the first time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply... don't suppose you could bash out a quick guide for me, so I can verify that I've done everything correctly, I would greatly appreciate it if you could...

--Gavin

[edit] I now have the receive working, but as with sending, I have to reset the device to get it to connect to the MMS connection, rather than the standard 'internet' gprs connection. I think this problem is not related to MMS as such, but it's very irritating. To expand on this problem a little; if I connect to one connection (eg MMS), even if I disconnect, I then cannot connect to the other (i.e. Standard GPRS) without a device reset. This works both ways, so I can connect to one connection, and disconnect/reconnect fine, but not switch to the other.

Also, once it has sent/received an MMS, it stays connected to that connection, rather than the other - how do I then disconnect this (i.e. is there a better way than holding the 'hang up phone' button), should I wish to use the internet?

Edited by dreadnought

Guest Br1an_g

my MMS and GPRS were over the same connection..

dont know why you would need to change.

i dont have my phone at the moment as its getting repaired, but will post up my settings when its back to see if this helps

Guest dreadnought
my MMS and GPRS were over the same connection..

dont know why you would need to change.

i dont have my phone at the moment as its getting repaired, but will post up my settings when its back to see if this helps

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After a hard reset and re-configuration, I now have it working with the two connections. I'm intrigued to know how you do it with one, however; so if you could post that config when your phone comes back, I would be interested to see how you have it set up.

Thanks for the help

--Gavin

Guest dreadnought
After a hard reset and re-configuration, I now have it working with the two connections. I'm intrigued to know how you do it with one, however; so if you could post that config when your phone comes back, I would be interested to see how you have it set up.

Thanks for the help

--Gavin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As another follow-up, whilst I can now receive MMS messages, I can only do so if I'm connected to the MMS connection at the time - my phone doesn't seem to be picking up whatever command from o2 it should to connect and retrieve :-/

• 1 month later...
Guest Br1an_g

hey m8,

finally got my phone back so can post up my settings which i had to do manually this time.

from scratch:

i set up a new modem connection (within My Work) with the following settings:

APN:mobile.o2.co.uk

username:web (or 'faster' is apparently faster)

password:password

DNS:193.113.200.200

ALT DNS: 193.113.200.201

i then went into the advanced tab within the connections page and went into select networks and set both of these to 'My Work Network' (default name which can be changed)

i went into my MMS messages>Tools>MMS Settings

connect via = my work network

then set up a server with the following settings:

server name: mobile.o2.co.uk

gateway: 193.113.200.195

port:8002

server address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk

now when i send or receive an MMS it connects to o2 mobile, using my modem connection in part 1. I can browse after the MMS has gone on the same connection and session.

HTH.