Wifi and batteries

Guest ryanred5

Guest ryanred5

Hiya

Being new to all this wifi with my M500, I wanted to ask, does using the wifi guzzle battery power, cos Im having to charge daily atm cos Im using it alot, cos Ive got no laptop?

Also is it ok to use wifi whilst your charging? Cos Ive noticed I sometimes lose connection if I have both going at the same time.

Im also getting dropped connections saying it cant resolve an ip, Id like to give it a static one from my router and Ive done the IP addy and DNS servers, but its asking for WINS servers too and I cant find details of that, without that I cant browse the net. Any ideas?

TIA

Catherine

Guest marksurry

My battery gets sucked inside out when using the sdio wifi card. A true energy guzzling device in my opinion. I do use my wifi whilst the M500 is charging and don't find it a problem. Let's face it Ryanred, this wifi hasn't been smooth sailing for you has it ;-)

Guest ryanred5
My battery gets sucked inside out when using the sdio wifi card.  A true energy guzzling device in my opinion.  I do use my wifi whilst the M500 is charging and don't find it a problem.  Let's face it Ryanred, this wifi hasn't been smooth sailing for you has it ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey its been working though which is good, and whilst my laptop has been away it has been a godsend.

Regarding my lappie, it went to Dixons Mastercare on Monday, came back today, talk about quick service.

Another question I need to ask, I need a case? Any ideas of what to go for?

Ta

Catherine

Guest ryanred5
Me, I'm fine thanks, how about you?

I'm waiting for you get a M500 case and recommend it to me :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PMSL Mark, Im waiting for you to get one.

Go and get one first and you tell me if its any good.

Guest ryanred5
lmao you two looking for a good case?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, dont want a massive big one though, been looking at this one on Ebay:-

72_2.JPG

But the holes for the camera and possible other slots are not in the right places.

You got any good ideas for good cases?

TIA

Catherine

Guest ryanred5
has anyone released i wifi card with 512mb of memory built in yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sandisk did one, but I dont think its been around for a while, cant see anything on Google for it anymore.