Sync with WMP10

Guest timpidsley

Guest timpidsley

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me out. I am trying to sync between WMP10 on PC and WMP10 on c500. Whatever I try I get an error message saying "Error WMP cannot synchronise this file. The player may not support this file type". I am trying to sync standard .wma file with the storage card in phone. If I copy and paste it works fine and the music track plays perfectly. What am I missing? I thought the whole idea of WMP10 was the possibility of syncing.

Thanks

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

Same as you, but I've an older phone, MPx200, I use windows explorer to drag and drop WMA files onto my SD card via a card reader, less hassle.

Guest pndragon

does this happen on EVERY wma file you have? does it happen with mp3s?

are you syncing by selecting individual songs or by syncing playlists?

try and delete any temp file that might be in the storage card for that particular wma file, close WMP, disconnect and reconnect your device, and try again.

• 3 months later...
Guest timpidsley

Hi, thanks for your helpful reply. Taken me ages to get round to looking at this. A small mp3 (160k @ 32kbps as an individually selected file sync'd fine, a larger mp3 (2.5mb @ 64kbps) didn't sync, also a similar wma wouldn't sync. Error returned each time was "player may not support this file type".

Can anyone offer any further insight or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.