Vodafone Smartphones

Guest furby

Ok, so I've got an Imate SP5 because I couldn't wait for the QTEK v1240 to come out on Vodafone. Yet despite it basically being the same phone, Vodafone have told me that I can't use the Vodafone Business Push email service on it because my SP5 doesn't come with the Vodafone ROM on it. Only the v1240 has the correct software on it...!!

There must be some way to get the right ROM update on my SP5, so that I can use Vodafone push email??

please anyone???

tosh

no, there aren't any extra apps on it, its just the ROM is compatible with the app. when u subscribe to the voda push email service they send the push email app remotely over the network top the phone. to subscribe to vodafone push email, it costs and extra £15 a month in addition to your standard line rental charge.

problem with my SP5 is that when they send me the push app it says my phone is not supported!

arghh

Guest spacerace

that's a shame. I presume you have to forward your email to the Vodafone 'push' account where it then gets forwarded to your phone ? you could get a hosted Exchange service for about £49 / year which would give you what you want.

Guest spacerace

That's what I suspected. Guess Vodafone had it removed for some reason.

Can it be added back as a standalone app. or have I got to find something 3rd party ?

Guest Pondrew

Strange how occasionally Windows Mobile 5 devices are being released without Pocket MSN and so no MSN Messenger...

The HTC Universal on T-Mobile, the MDA Pro, was the first. Stranger still as all T-Mobile's WM5 devices since HAVE included Pocket MSN!

Guest spiderboy

I am leaving Orange very shortly and don't know wheather to Join Vodafone or T-Mobile. Any advice from the board? Who has the best phones and service? I do like the Asus P505 from Vodafone, would this be good option to go for?

Guest whitestar

Got my V1240 yesterday, found that it comes with a ClearVue Suite CD. Tried installig it to the storage card but it doesn't show in the menu's anywhere, anyone have any idea's.

Edited by whitestar

Guest vardhanr

I was unable to install it (ClearVue). My 1240 said that there was not enough memory. (only other things installed were Outlook items (Calendar and Contacts)

Be interested to hear how you managed to install it.

I suspect you will see the app when there is a document to view?

V

Got my V1240 yesterday, found that it comes with a ClearVue Suite CD. Tried installig it to the storage card but it doesn't show in the menu's anywhere, anyone have any idea's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest whitestar

Contacted Westtek Support asking if they had a solution to the problem for the V1240 and they have replied saying that they are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it. In the meantime they have suggested that I download a trial copy from their website and have supplied a serial number to activate it.

Have to say I'm very impressed with their rapid response.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Has anyone managed to get WiFi working properly on this then? Is it possible to use Skype with it? Isn't there any way to install MSN Messenger on it?

Would be a shame to have WiFi function but not be able to have applications like that installed.

Btw, how much did you guys have to pay? My upgrade date is near on Vodafone (i'm on a £30 a month tariff). Would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

Guest spacerace
Has anyone managed to get WiFi working properly on this then?  Is it possible to use Skype with it?  Isn't there any way to install MSN Messenger on it?

Would be a shame to have WiFi function but not be able to have applications like that installed. 

Btw, how much did you guys have to pay?  My upgrade date is near on Vodafone (i'm on a £30 a month tariff).  Would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are plenty of discussion on how to get Skype working on the SP5 (imate's equivalent) - they should help you.

Vodafone told me there was a min. upgrade fee of £100 for this phone when I took it 3 weeks ago. That and the compulsory 18 month contract made me decide against it in the end and return the phone. I imagine that fee will reduce/disappear with time though.

Guest PaceUK
Has anyone managed to get WiFi working properly on this then?  Is it possible to use Skype with it?  Isn't there any way to install MSN Messenger on it?

Btw, how much did you guys have to pay?  My upgrade date is near on Vodafone (i'm on a £30 a month tariff).  Would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Yes (they are working on it) and it already comes with MSN so Yes...

I got the iMate SP5 from Expansys sim free... well I got my company to pay for it so I can develop on it.

Dont know if you can get an upgrade, I suggest you call Voda's Customer Services...

hth

Pace

Guest Pondrew
Yes, Yes (they are working on it) and it already comes with MSN so Yes...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pace, many owners have indicated that MSN Explorer/MSN Messenger does not come installed on the new Vodafone HTC Tornado. Do you actually have one which came with it or are you referring to the i-mate? Just because the i-mate came with Messenger doesn't mean Vodafone's version has it...

Guest whitestar
Has anyone managed to get WiFi working properly on this then?
Got WiFi working on my home network first time without any problems, it even picked up a neighbours network ;)

Guest spacerace
Got WiFi working on my home network first time without any problems, it even picked up a neighbours network ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I managed to get online from the car in a queue at some local roadworks, and even had long enough to pull in the BBC sports page before I had to move...