Vodafone Smartphones

Guest furby

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
Pace, many owners have indicated that MSN Explorer/MSN Messenger does not come installed on the new Vodafone HTC Tornado. Do you actually have one which came with it or are you referring to the i-mate? Just because the i-mate came with Messenger doesn't mean Vodafone's version has it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh, that's what I'm still uncertain on. I'm planning on actually getting the Vodafone version ("not" the i-mate model).

Guest spacerace
Yeh, that's what I'm still uncertain on.  I'm planning on actually getting the Vodafone version ("not" the i-mate model).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Vodafone version I got definitely didn't have any MSN software on it all, including Messenger. If you particularly want that, you will need to find a third party client that supports MSN like Agile Messenger.

Guest vardhanr
Has anyone managed to get WiFi working properly on this then?  Is it possible to use Skype with it?  Isn't there any way to install MSN Messenger on it?

Would be a shame to have WiFi function but not be able to have applications like that installed. 

Btw, how much did you guys have to pay?  My upgrade date is near on Vodafone (i'm on a £30 a month tariff).  Would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wifi works, but I seem to have to put in the WEP key every time, bit of a pain. Not sure if anyone has figured this out. I think MSN Messenger can be installed, but have not tried.

I got it free on Voda - but had to threaten to migrate to O2. Same tariff as you.

V

Guest spacerace
Wifi works, but I seem to have to put in the WEP key every time, bit of a pain.  Not sure if anyone has figured this out.  I think MSN Messenger can be installed, but have not tried.

I got it free on Voda - but had to threaten to migrate to O2.  Same tariff as you.

V

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

every time even on the same connection ? mine remembered keys for the same connection each time no problem.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
Wifi works, but I seem to have to put in the WEP key every time, bit of a pain.  Not sure if anyone has figured this out.  I think MSN Messenger can be installed, but have not tried.

I got it free on Voda - but had to threaten to migrate to O2.  Same tariff as you.

V

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think there will be an update soon like those for the i-mate and Orange models?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/dow...smartphone.mspx

• 2 months later...
Guest martinlaidlaw

Is the v1240 available on normal contracts with Vodafone or just the Business accounts? It only appears to be listed in the Business store on their website.

Guest spacerace
Is the v1240 available on normal contracts with Vodafone or just the Business accounts? It only appears to be listed in the Business store on their website.

you can get it on normal contracts. I don't think they've got round to listing it on the website yet. If you ring them and get someone who hasn't heard of it it's on their system as a QTek