c550 stollen - imea locked

Guest Jon_

Guest awarner [MVP]

Post returned to normal, only non member reported the post without

any grounds for the complaint.

The ebay seller has been proven not to be the seller of the same phone.

Hopefully this thread will play out and we will see a good result with the phone returned.

As a personal note if a phone is blocked it because the phone has either been stolen of has bills outstanding against it.

If this is the case it should be returned to the network and not sold on ebay.

Guest Dark Horse
gutted mate... they won't be able to use the phone if its blocked... but if they insert a different sim they will be able to view everything on it. (if they can work it!) but then again, they prob know where to go to get the iemi changed.

that's why I always set up a lock code on all mine...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Question: If the lock/SIM code has been set, will ActiveSynch still work? If so, that would mean that contacts, calendar et al would all still be viewable on a PC regardless of whatever lock is enabled.

Regards,

Dark Horse

i seriously doubt it, you cant even use active sync when you put a phone lock on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree, I just made a small test with mine on my neighbour's PC. While ActiveSynch was initialising the connection, I was prompted to enter my phone password on the PC. Great feature btw. I kinda like those security freaks out there. If something can be protected without any harm - why not?

just to add a update, the police arrested the character they belived responsible, and due to lack of evidence was released without charge...

(my best mate is in the police, in a different police force, and he told me in most cases it is the norm unfortunatly)

fingers crossed the phone may show up for sale somewere, but unless the buyer suspects anythign the chances are slim

my household insurance is paying up eitherway, so its only cost the the excess, dont think ill replace the iPod though, may use the ££ along with soem savings and get a 20" lcd