Pocket PC Alarms

Guest cat999

Hi everybody I've just upgraded from my trusty old SPV C500 to the Orange M500. Fantastic little device. Having had it a week or so I find I am unable to alter the notification tones for say new text message, new email etc. There are options there like alarm 1-4, at home, at mobile, at pager and so on, but I would like to add my own sounds to this list. Is there any way of doing this?

I read somewhere on this forum somebody suggesting adding your sounds to WINDOWS/RINGS and setting them as an alarm from here. When I copy my sounds to this folder the only option for setting is to set as a ringtone only. Can anybody help? (I am sure this will be the first of many questions)

Sorry to be a pain but I’m still not able to set my own sounds,

I’ve copied my sound files to Windows folder but when I go into Settings, Sounds and Notification the list is still the same and my sound files do not appear

Any thoughts

Guest chucky.egg

The sounds are probably in the wrong format then

I use WAV for ring tones (in \Windows\Rings) and message tones (in \Windows)

Bear in mind that there are different types of WAV, PCM WAV works

Thanks for your input ,chucky, egg

the files I want to use are WAV files I used on my spv c500 I already have the ring tone set up as want it, it’s alarm sounds I want to change

Guest chucky.egg

Ah, OK

My tones also came from a C500, and all worked for me, so I've attached them - give them a try and see if they work

I dont have much time ATM, but I'll try to play with it later

On my Dopod I can't see what setting to change to use my own tone for the Alarm (I tried Reminders, but that isn't it apparently!)

Where are you going to change the Alarm tone?

R2D2_short_PCM.wav

Toy_Story___Buzz_to_Star_Command.wav

Guest chucky.egg

I dont have any "Alarms" option in there.

I dont have my M500 to hand, but it all looks as I remember it from WM2003 (with the exception of the "Wireless network detected" option)

In the Start. Settings, Sounds & Notifications,Notification.is where you set the tones for new text messages and new e-mail messages this is is what I what to change if possible.

Guest Disco Stu
The files need to be in the \Windows folder and not a sub-directory.

Change them in Settings, Sounds & Notifications.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To change the alarms file go into Settings, System, Clock & Alarms, Alarms.

Press and hold the bell icon at the right of the 3 options. This is a little tricky as a light press just gets you the time setting.

Did you get message alerts to work ? You could post them here and we could try them on our phones.

Did you try chucky.egg's files ?

Guest chucky.egg
To change the alarms file go into Settings, System, Clock & Alarms, Alarms.

Press and hold the bell icon at the right of the 3 options. This is a little tricky as a light press just gets you the time setting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never knew that! :oops:

I think were getting our wires crossed Disco Stu the list of tones in the Alarm menu is the same as the list in the notification menu this is where I want to add a Wav of my own if possible.