having major problems

Guest haakoon

Guest haakoon

Hi, I`m getting frustrated here.

I`ve just bought an c500 and it seems to fall apart. Offcourse it was used for 5 months (sellers statement), but now it`s not working well. It worked ok for 2 days apart from a little bit hard keys (nr 2 especially). then there was bad contact in the jack for the headphones - had to push it to hear in stereo. further the software is giving me trouble since it is stuck in headphone profile all the time, wich means I cannot hear anything trough the speaker.

this is really bugging me since I bought it thinking it was almost new. Is there generally a lot of problems with these phones or have I been unlucky?

what can I do to fix the problems? any ideas?

thanks for all help

haakon, norway

Guest fluffcat1
Hi, I`m getting frustrated here.

I`ve just bought an c500 and it seems to fall apart. Offcourse it was used for 5 months (sellers statement), but now it`s not working well. It worked ok for 2 days apart from a little bit hard keys (nr 2 especially). then there was bad contact in the jack for the headphones - had to push it to hear in stereo. further the software is giving me trouble since it is stuck in headphone profile all the time, wich means I cannot hear anything trough the speaker.

this is really bugging me since I bought it thinking it was almost new. Is there generally a lot of problems with these phones or have I been unlucky?

what can I do to fix the problems? any ideas?

thanks for all help

I think you've been unlucky with your seller. The headphone socket has a microswitch that closes when you insert headphones, it sounds like this is broken or jammed causing you to force the jack in further and it to not come out of headphone mode, and everything else sounds like the seller had previously opened the phone to fix it themselves.

Is the warranty sticker towards the middle right of the battery compartment still intact?

Richard

Guest haakoon
I think you've been unlucky with your seller. The headphone socket has a microswitch that closes when you insert headphones, it sounds like this is broken or jammed causing you to force the jack in further and it to not come out of headphone mode, and everything else sounds like the seller had previously opened the phone to fix it themselves.

Is the warranty sticker towards the middle right of the battery compartment still intact?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi richard

yes, it was broken before I tried to open it. I`ve contacted the seller and will try to sort it out. If I get half of my money back I will keep it as an spare phone and by an other one.

thanks for all your help, this is a good forum

haakon

Guest fluffcat1
hi richard

yes, it was broken before I tried to open it. I`ve contacted the seller and will try to sort it out. If I get half of my money back I will keep it as an spare phone and by an other one.

thanks for all your help, this is a good forum

haakon

What is the item number and how did you pay? Perhaps try to claim via ebay the item not as described?

The headphone jack is fixable - try a can of compressed air or a pin, the keypad sounds as if it's just not lined up correctly with the rubber buttons on top of it.

Richard

Guest Disco Stu

I seem to have sorted the headphone socket problem on my C600 using an unfurled paperclip. Basically just by twirling it around in the socket since I wasn't able to see the exact location of the switch.

It took a few goes but the automatic profile switching has been working for a week now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest haakoon
Put a drop of WD40 on the end of your jack and push it in and out of the socket a few times this sorted my problem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fixed the jack problem it seems, but having problems getting the keypad to functioning right. anyone nows where to/or how to fix the keypad that is under the keys?