Couple Of Queries

Guest DJ Big D

Guest DJ Big D

Hey all got a couple of Issues with my MDA Vario,

1) I have read in a previous post that by storing .wav's & .midi's in the Windows>Rings folder you could have these as your message alert tones. I Have tried this but still does not work. Any clues?

2) I have SPB Pocket with the Today Plugin turned 'ON' & my Vario seems to take 5 secs+ to respond sometimes & becomes very frustrating when I am trying to text or access something quickly. Any ideas on speeding up performance or any clue @ all?

3) Are T-Mobile releasing an update in March? I did not install the previous update because I was told there was next to no difference @ all.

Anyway if you guys can help I would be very greatful :)

All the best,

Dave

Guest daftveggie

1) if you store the files in the Rings folder they are acessable as ring tones, if you drop them in the windows directory you can use them as any alert tone.

2) Sorry, don't have that product

3) I got the last update and noticed a general improvement in speed, especially with activesync which now works like a dream. As for future updates I don't know.

Hope that helps

Guest adchaffey
Thx :) Also what do you mean by Windows Directory?? IS that the Windows file ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He just means the 'Windows' directory which should be immediately visible when you explore the 'My Windows Mobile Based Device' from your desktop.

I don't use SPB pocket, but have chosen not to install any home screen plugins to keep the device running nice and quickly. And so far my device is nice and responsive.

Last i heard, T-Mobile were planning on releasing another update in march. I haven't installed the last update becasue of this reason, although hearing that it seems to fix the problems with Active Sync has tempted me now!

Guest DJ Big D
He just means the 'Windows' directory which should be immediately visible when you explore the 'My Windows Mobile Based Device' from your desktop.

I don't use SPB pocket, but have chosen not to install any home screen plugins to keep the device running nice and quickly. And so far my device is nice and responsive.

Last i heard, T-Mobile were planning on releasing another update in march. I haven't installed the last update becasue of this reason, although hearing that it seems to fix the problems with Active Sync has tempted me now!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thx for the other advice :)

I am now putting midis & wavs in the Windows folder but they still do not come up wen i try to select them as New Text Message. Maybe i'm being stupid but I am doing everything that you have said :D

Guest zombiefly
Thx for the other advice :)

I am now putting midis & wavs in the Windows folder but they still do not come up wen i try to select them as New Text Message. Maybe i'm being stupid but I am doing everything that you have said :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same problem here, cannot select custom mp3/wav/midi for "sound events". Seems to work for ringtones though.

Any ideas?

Guest daftveggie

I really don't know what to suggest!!

You shouldn't even need to restart the device, the list of available sounds updates automatically.

can you see the T-mobile 1 -4 sounds? are you sure that you are using wav files as they appear to be the ones that work for me.

sorry if thats no help

Guest Phil Lee
Ringtones are only midi's

alerts are only .wav's. 

alerts will not play midi's and rings will not play .wav's.  Sucks, I know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am quite happily using a wav file for my ringtone on my MDA Vario.