C550 Wallpaper Sizes

Guest BenVic

Hi,

I've read a few posts on what the image size should be for wallpaper images, I've tried all sizes but I still get grey space around the image - pretty annoying (to me).

If I go for the Orange layout (i.e. icons to the left side) what size should the image be... any help appreciated here.

Many thanks in advance... Ben.

Guest Dark Horse
Hi,

I've read a few posts on what the image size should be for wallpaper images, I've tried all sizes but I still get grey space around the image - pretty annoying (to me).

If I go for the Orange layout (i.e. icons to the left side) what size should the image be... any help appreciated here.

Many thanks in advance... Ben.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

240x293 should be used for full screen wallpapers however why don't you just take a look at one of the pre-installed Orange wallpapers and see what size those are?

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest gijsdvm

yup, darkhorse is right.

the screen is 240*320 pixels, but 240*27 pixels are taken up by the softkey area, so that leaves 240*293 left for the background.

With the Orange lay-out (homescreen) the menu bar at the left of the screen is a little transparent, so you should take pictures of 240 pixels wide, dont make them less wide (if you did)!

I think I know what you mean. I have the following problem: Say I am using a transparent Iconbar (the bar, where the battery/signal strength is shown). So the background must fit exactly except for the two buttons at the bottom line(240x293). If I copy the background picture to the Storage/Application Data/Home directory everything works out like a charm.

post-169096-1139358825_thumb.jpg

But if I use the built-in Orange "Multimedia Album" (version 3.00 build 20017) and choose the option Menu->Save As->Home Screen the picture appear on the home screen but pinned underneath the buttons, so a grey space appear at the top side.

post-169096-1139358835_thumb.jpg

I have attached two screenshots to explain what I mean. So the thing is - if you really stick on having a transparent top bar, you should manually add background pictures only in the home directory and choose them trough the homescreen settings function. Please correct me if I am wrong, or someone has an idea.

P.S. Sorry for my english. Hope you folks get the idea :roll:

Edited by reopru