SPV C550 Call Problem

Guest blackparagon

Guest blackparagon

Hi guys, this is a weird one.

When I make or receive a call on my phone, I can no longer hear anything unless I use speakerphone or my handsfree kit. I'd send it back, but I voided my warranty a while ago when I fitted a new screen (due to orange refusing to do it!).

Does anyone have any ideas? I've heard mention of a 'plate' which detects whether your handsfree kit is connected or not, and that this plate can become stuck in one position... but I don't know what I'm looking for. I really hope someone can shed some light on this!

Thanks in advance.

Guest blackparagon

My problem is that it's not stuck on headset mode. When I plug the headset in, it goes to headset mode (tested this by putting it on silent, the silent disappears when headset inserted). When I unplug it, the silent icon reappears. However, with the headset unplugged, I can't hear anything through the speaker unless i switch to speakerphone.

Guest blackparagon

Just to let you know, a hard reset didn't fix this either.

Edit - this is stupid. I can play audio through the speaker and I can play calls through my headset and speakerphone, so why can't I play calls through my speaker? grrrrrrrrrr. undoubtedly the problem lies somewhere at the bottom of a wastepaper basket in Microsoft HQ :)

Edited by blackparagon

• 6 months later...
Guest blackparagon

I've recently pulled this phone out of storage to try and fix for a friend (I got fed up and upgraded to a C600). The problem still exists, whereby I can use speakerphone mode and headset mode, but standard call mode is completely silent. Does anyone know if this uses two different speakers for the two? Hard reset hasn't helped. I replaced a cover a while ago, do you think I could have knocked something and stopped it from working?

Any ideas would be really appreciated.