Data sync cable power port?

Guest echosmyron

Guest echosmyron

On the side of my data sync cable there is a port that accepts the 3-pin charger plug.

post-168130-1139534281_thumb.jpg

What is this for? I thought the phone already charges through USB. I don't see anything about this in the user's manual and haven't found anything by searching forums.

Guest fluffcat1
On the side of my data sync cable there is a port that accepts the 3-pin charger plug.

post-168130-1139534281_thumb.jpg

What is this for? I thought the phone already charges through USB. I don't see anything about this in the user's manual and haven't found anything by searching forums.

Other phones that use that data cable ( eg A1000, A925) need more current to charge their batteries - the supplimentary ac adapter socket means they don't overwhelm your motherboard's USB output and kill your comp's PSU. Don't worry about it with a 220 unless you have a weedy PSU or many USB devices. Is that the cable you got in the box?

Richard

Guest echosmyron
Other phones that use that data cable ( eg A1000, A925) need more current to charge their batteries - the supplimentary ac adapter socket means they don't overwhelm your motherboard's USB output and kill your comp's PSU. Don't worry about it with a 220 unless you have a weedy PSU or many USB devices. Is that the cable you got in the box?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's the one that came with the phone. No problems charging with USB so far so I guess I don't need to use the auxiliary power supply.

Edited by echosmyron