WiFI connected but GPRS always starts anyway?

Guest karlth

If I enable WiFI to my local router the PDA gets an IP address and everything seems to be working fine. On the title bar there is an icon of Tower with two stationary arrows point in either direction. WiFi settings displays the correct IP awarded by the router.

Now if I start IE then instead of using the WiFi connection it dials GPRS!?

Can anyone help?

Settings: Network Management: "Programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using: My ISP"

Settings: Network Adapters use "Internet"

"My ISP" Set to Auto Pick. Two other settings in the list, both GPRS.

Guest iamhives
If I enable WiFI to my local router the PDA gets an IP address and everything seems to be working fine.  On the title bar there is an icon of Tower with two stationary arrows point in either direction.  WiFi settings displays the correct IP awarded by the router.

Now if I start IE then instead of using the WiFi connection it dials GPRS!?

Can anyone help?

Settings:  Network Management:  "Programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using:  My ISP"

Settings:  Network Adapters use "Internet"

"My ISP" Set to Auto Pick.  Two other settings in the list, both GPRS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm having the same problem. maybe DNS/proxy related - I'm guessing 'cos I can't fix it either

When you setup the Wi-Fi did you check the box that said that it connects to the internet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hadn't noticed that the "The Internet" option is set in two places. For the network card and also for the connection.

I'll try it out later today and report back. Thanks.

When you setup the Wi-Fi did you check the box that said that it connects to the internet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that did infact do the trick.

Set the "To the Internet" option for the wireless connection, not just the wireless card.

And a soft reset as well was needed.

Thanks a million! :)