Need Wizard drivers for XP

Guest dleasman

Guest dleasman

Just received my iMate K-Jam, but no OEM CD, which means NO DRIVERS.

Also, the device was already registered on iMate.com, so I can't get into their download section to download them myself.

Can someone please zip up and send me the Wizard drivers for XP, or point me to another source where I can obtain them?

Thanks

-dana ([email protected])

Guest dleasman
All you need is Activesync 4 from Microsoft.

There are no drivers required.

Here is the link you need :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/dow...tivesync41.mspx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK... that's ActiveSync, not the drivers. I need the actual device drivers for the HTC Wizard (or variant) for Windows XP. They are on the OEM CD in a folder called "drivers"

Active Sync is just the synchronization software, but it can't see the phone without the device drivers, which are not on the Microsoft web site.

Anyone got the drivers? Please? Please twice?

Thanks,

-Dana

Guest awarner [MVP]

Activesync is all you need for the PC to see the phone.

It's all you have ever needed on Windows Mobile, I have a wizard plus other devices and there has never been a need to install extra drivers.

• 1 year later...

the driver in that driver folder is a modem driver. when you activate modem link, activesync will be disabled and your computer will find new hardware (usb modem) and you will need that driver.

after you installed the driver, you can create dialer (phone number is *99#) to connect to GPRS network.

GSMUSBDriver.zip

Guest Evilkern
well I have active sync installed and my pc still cant see my fone

what now?

Have you unticked the box in "usb to pc" on the conections tab of settings? That stops the pc recognising the phone

Guest jimbouk
Have you unticked the box in "usb to pc" on the conections tab of settings? That stops the pc recognising the phone

No it doesnt!

That simply tells the device to connect via USB instead of TCPIP.

If you have enabled the modem driver, it will disable activesync.

• 8 months later...

hi ! which box where should i find "usb to pc" con. tab ?

can you more describe because i have same problem i connect my xda mini s to usb and then popups

Device was not recognised ! after clicking on it i get

USB Root Hub (2 ports)

Unknow device

Unused port

can me somebody help please !!!

Guest Neil5459

USB to PC can be found in Settings/Connections. It is only relevant to AS 4 onwards and WM5 onwards, so older devices aren't affected.

Turning off the 'Advanced Connectivity' reverts the connection to simple USB rather than RNDIS; some versions of Windows connect better this way, and a stalled connection will often work.

If that doesn't work, you may need to do one of 2 things: a hard reset of teh device if the connectivity has become corrupted, or a full removal/reinstall of A/S on the PC. I'd try that 1st as its less detructive, but 1st I'd go into both the PC and PPC ActiveSync settings, and Delete every current partnership, then reconnect the PPC and see if it tries to create a new one.

If that won't work, go to the PC and uninstall ActiveSync. You must also manually remove the Program Files/Microsoft ActiveSync folder otehrwise remnants of teh old installation will remin. Now obtain a new version of A/S from Microsoft and install it, then reconnect. Be aware that connecting a PPC before installing ActvieSync will always fail as A/S contains the device drivers.