Need a little WiFi & GPRS settings assistance...

Guest dleasman

Guest dleasman

I have GPRS working on my Wizard (t-mobile/t-zones), and the WiFi works great too... But I am having a problem switching between them.

When I shutdown WiFi on my phone, it automatically goes to GPRS, but the problem is that it won't work until I go into Start->Settings->Connections(tab)->Connections(icon)->Advanced(tab) and switch to my network settings that use Cellular GPRS and proxy settings. When I switch back to WiFi, I have to go back in and switch to my alternate network that does NOT use Cellular GPRS and proxy settings.

Though this works, it's clearly not configured correctly. I *should* be able to switch between wifi and gprs without changing network settings, right?

I would think that the "connection" settings would be tied in some way to the wireless mechanism it's using at the time, but that's obviously not how it works.

My question is... How do you get GPRS and WiFi to both work without having to switch "connections".

Are others with Wizards using more than one "connection"? If so, how is each one set up?

I hope the above makes sense to someone... It's quite difficult to describe, but I'm sure the solution is simple.

-Dana

I have GPRS working on my Wizard (t-mobile/t-zones), and the WiFi works great too... But I am having a problem switching between them.

When I shutdown WiFi on my phone, it automatically goes to GPRS, but the problem is that it won't work until I go into Start->Settings->Connections(tab)->Connections(icon)->Advanced(tab) and switch to my network settings that use Cellular GPRS and proxy settings. When I switch back to WiFi, I have to go back in and switch to my alternate network that does NOT use Cellular GPRS and proxy settings.

Though this works, it's clearly not configured correctly. I *should* be able to switch between wifi and gprs without changing network settings, right?

I would think that the "connection" settings would be tied in some way to the wireless mechanism it's using at the time, but that's obviously not how it works.

My question is... How do you get GPRS and WiFi to both work without having to switch "connections".

Are others with Wizards using more than one "connection"? If so, how is each one set up?

I hope the above makes sense to someone... It's quite difficult to describe, but I'm sure the solution is simple.

-Dana

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I go into the advanced tab and select networks the top drop down box in my case is t-mobile internet and bottom one is set to My work network.

vario detects if wifi is active and uses that if not connects using gprs.