Video playback on TCPMP

Guest ripnet

Hi,

I currently enjoy video on my C550, using TCPMP and divx files encoded on Linux at 320x240 using mencoder. I have heard that the Wizard has trouble playing video back in TCPMP because of its slow processor. IN fact, both the C550 and the Wizard are both 200MHz (but the 550 has a Arm processer and the Wizard a TI one if I remember correctly), so its possible the optimizations in tCPMP wont work on the Wizard.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of playing video in TCPMP on a wizard device? does it play smoothly, with no dropout? im only talking about low bitrate video here (i use 192K video, 128K audio).

Also, does the device feel generally as fast as the 550? i find the 550 fine in terms of speed, but im not sure if Microsoft have made 'improvements' in WM5 that slow it down?

thanks

g

I agree, I have played video files on my T-Mobile MDA Vario using TCPMP and its fine. I have just moved from Orange (M2000 Blue Angle) to the Vario.

I do think the M2000 is a little snapper in all round use but i can't say its a big issue. I just love the Wizard. Its the best all round devise i have ever had. (M2000, E200, SPV, etc).

Guest bartdesign

Plays 320x240 @ 29.97 fps + stereo sound flawlessly. So there shouldn't be a problem using the wizard as a portable video player... I use it every day while traveling.

Thanks for the input :) im rapidly running out of excuses to not buy a Wizard. Its a toss up between the Wizard, and waiting for a XDA Atom when it hits the UK - says march at the moment which means april/may ... but the smaller size, and 2x processor speed has to be tempting :D

here same result. Always been using TCPMP on C500 and on my vario. Vario plays everything just fine. A reason to buy the Vario is it's Keyboard. it makes everything so much easier. you text faster (without having to change words in t9).

I''m pretty happy with my Vario. it's not the fastest but it's no slow either.

Pigo

Guest NightFox
Thanks for the input :) im rapidly running out of excuses to not buy a Wizard. Its a toss up between the Wizard, and waiting for a XDA Atom when it hits the UK - says march at the moment which means april/may ... but the smaller size, and 2x processor speed has to be tempting :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buy one - I put off buying my SPV C500 for months whilst I waited for the Moto MPx 220 to appear on Orange.... and after delays after delay, it never did

hehe i did it :) i got it for £80 on o2, with £16 a month for 12 months = 272 pounds in total... a lot less than Expansys, and less than they are going sim free on ebay...

Guest Swampie
hehe i did it :) i got it for £80 on o2, with £16 a month for 12 months = 272 pounds in total... a lot less than Expansys, and less than they are going sim free on ebay...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What tariff was that? I can see it for £80 on O2, but can't see any tariff < £19 (being O2 Online 50 - 50 mins + 200 texts).

Cheapest I've found it was £9.95 for handset on T-Mobile Web'n'Walk 100 from T-Mobile direct. 100 mins + 40MB per month. 18 month contract, but 12 months half price @ £13 per month, and 6 months at £28 per month. Total cost = £334 over 18 months, costing average £18.55 per month. That handset price is only available if you take their insurance, which you can cancel within 14 days - normally it is £69.99.

40MB data is more than enough for me, and I practically never text.

D

What tariff was that?  I can see it for £80 on O2, but can't see any tariff < £19 (being O2 Online 50 - 50 mins + 200 texts).

Cheapest I've found it was £9.95 for handset on T-Mobile Web'n'Walk 100 from T-Mobile direct.  100 mins + 40MB per month.  18 month contract, but 12 months half price @ £13 per month, and 6 months at £28 per month.  Total cost = £334 over 18 months, costing average £18.55 per month.  That handset price is only available if you take their insurance, which you can cancel within 14 days - normally it is £69.99.

40MB data is more than enough for me, and I practically never text.

D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just went into the O2 store in Cannon street and asked what their cheepest tarif was. Its 16 per month, i think you get something silly like 15 mins per month, but I just wanted the handset :)

g

Guest NightFox
I just went into the O2 store in Cannon street and asked what their cheepest tarif was. Its 16 per month, i think you get something silly like 15 mins per month, but I just wanted the handset :)

g

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I think the £16/month tariff is only available in store, not online.

Edited by NightFox