3GSM: Orange to release HTC Prophet as M600

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gadget007
The device will ship with AKU2 / MSFP preinstalled for Bluetooth A2DP, push email etc., and will be a worthy successor to the M500.

Does this mean Orange will support push email? Am *trying* to get "Always Up To Date" (AUTD)" working with my K-Jam and smartphone.net but something about Orange not supporting email to SMS notifications or something along those lines?

Presumably the press release above would indicate Orange will support something along these lines again?

excuse my ignorance if I have got this all ass about face.

Guest chucky.egg

I doubt Orange will support push email, but the device will come with all the software it needs to support it - you'll still need an Exchange server etc which Orange wont be providing

The problem your having with AUTD isn't really Orange not supporting it either, if anything is't Smartphone.net not supporting it - all you need is an email address that will forward messages to your mobile as an SMS (try http://www.sms2email.com)

Guest jimbouk

I have just bought a Jamin (which is the HTC prophet). I had the usual 85010014 activesync error when I tried to sync it with my latop's outlook - so quick fix for the day was to beam all my contacts across via bluetooth from my M500 - which worked fine - then I hard reset it at home and activesync'd it with my exchange server at 4smartphone.net - all working fine. The processor seems a little slower than the M500 - but that may also be down to windows mobile 5 os. Will try the overclocking next.

And will probably get an m600 when it comes out on orange as an upgrade - and put the jamin or the m600 on ebay!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Incedentally while it does look tasty, i am still waiting for a m500/m600/kjam sized pocketpc phone with 3G! Roll on Orange picking up some of HTC's other new devices :)

Incedentally while it does look tasty, i am still waiting for a m500/m600/kjam sized pocketpc phone with 3G!  Roll on Orange picking up some of HTC's other new devices :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which one of the devices are you specificly thinking of?

Guest robertchinneck
sounds interesting... does anybody know what is the difference to the M3000 ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The M3000 is the i-mate K-Jam I think. THis device is really similar but does not have the slide out QWERTY keyboard - so is a bit thinner.

I think the M3000 still uses miniSD slot at the top as well, whereas this is SD.

Just for UK people's info, I've watched a few Ebay auctions end for this i-mate JAMin (HTC Prophet) at around £330 - £370.

Thanks Pondrew.

Decisions decisions

But wait. The Prophet is 108 x 58 x 18 mm however the Hermes is 8.5×51.4×15.8 mm. According to the stats the Hermes is smaller with a slide out keyboard?? :shock:

Guest FrankyKnife

The M3000 is the i-mate K-Jam I think. THis device is really similar but does not have the slide out QWERTY keyboard - so is a bit thinner. [/qoute]

it DOES have!

Edited by FrankyKnife

So will someone tell the masses when they get an idea of when this will *actually* be released? I'm up for an upgrade in July and I can hardly wait already - and I'm still getting over how good the M500 was!

Guest Alsicole

You'll need the 5.2 patch of Tom Tom 5 for Windows Mobile 5.0 compatibility, but it should be fine. If you have Tom Tom 5 for Smartphone, you will need to check though as this is WM for Pocket PC Phone Edition, not Smartphone.

Guest muddy250
So will someone tell the masses when they get an idea of when this will *actually* be released? I'm up for an upgrade in July and I can hardly wait already - and I'm still getting over how good the M500 was!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spoke to Orange about this yesterday and they laughed when I said April delivery... try August :)

Spoke to Orange about this yesterday and they laughed when I said April delivery... try August :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aaah well... I don't mind so much this year. I'm not up til July or August anyway, and I'm still happy with my handset. If it had been last year I would be chomping at the bit already! Going from an E200 to an M500 was a bit of a jump! A very satisfying jump too, it has to be said.

I still want one NOW THOUGH!!

• 2 months later...
Guest dearsina
This is an off topic question, how many upgrades orange customers have? Is it true that you have once a year?

Thanks

Depends on what price band you are on (i.e. how much blood Orange sucks out of your veins a month). You can get contracts that allow you to upgrade every 3-4 months, but they won't tell you this of course.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.