Closing running programs?

Guest NismO_UK

Guest NismO_UK

Hi,

Just got my new XDA Mini S on O2 and am so far happy with it.

One query that I have is that if I open an app. such as solitaire, when I click the 'x' in the top right corner it appears to close, but if I go to system>memory>running programs it still shows solitaire as a running program.

I have also noticed that activesync will pop up on the running programs screen, even if I haven't used it?

I do have sbp pocket plus installed, could this cause this problem?

How do I sort this out??

Guest Swampie

In Pocket PC hitting the X at the top right doesn't close it, it just moves it to the background - like minimising. In theory Windows Mobile manages the applications running and closes background apps as/when needed.

Unless you're having memory issues or the background app is using excessive CPU, there's no need to close them.

Was the same on my SPV C500 (smartphone, not pocket pc) - some apps had a 'quit' menu option, others didn't and just went to background when you returned to the home screen.

Guest srdempster
Hi,

One query that I have is that if I open an app. such as solitaire, when I click the 'x' in the top right corner it appears to close, but if I go to system>memory>running programs it still shows solitaire as a running program.

I have also noticed that activesync will pop up on the running programs screen, even if I haven't used it?

How do I sort this out??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried this prog Oxios Hibernate?

http://www.oxios.com/download/oxiosmemory.zip

Yours Steve :)

Hi,

How do I sort this out??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the settings for sbp pocket plus you can change whether clicking the X closes the program or minimizes it. It is one of the handy features of sbp pocket+

Google for MagicButton - its free and does exactly what u want - it changes the X button to close rather than hide. It can also display icons in the title bar for running programs. Why Microsoft didnt include this in the core OS is still a mystery :)

I agree. dumb move by microsoft. they forget that a pocket PC is meant to be fast not to slow down everytime you open a app.

SPB Pocket plus. it's not free but well worth the buy. it rocks!!! best app I've used yet.

Pigo