Creating .wav files for messages

Guest odt

Hi Guys,

I have been trying all morning to create a wav file that will play as a message tone on my C550 but have had no joy.

I am using Nero Wave Editior and cutting a clip from an episode of futurama thats about 4 seconds long.

I have tried converting the format to mono, played with the other setting but it just will not play.

The files seem to play ok if set as something like an email notification on MS outlook 2003 but come up as unsupported as a Skype notification (although skype too plays .wav)

anybody have any suggestions?

thanks in advance

ODT

Bend_Suicide.wav

cheers Stu,

i'd already found that one and have tried using the same setup but it still didn't work.

So...i opened the wav in Goldwave and re-saved it down (exactly the same) and it worked fine.

apparently its something to do with the 'PCM' type that nero uses.........

thx again

K

Guest HouLeng
cheers Stu,

i'd already found that one and have tried using the same setup but it still didn't work.

So...i opened the wav in Goldwave and re-saved it down (exactly the same) and it worked fine.

apparently its something to do with the 'PCM' type that nero uses.........

thx again

K

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but are you talking about the wav file you use for incoming SMS messages? If so I've also had problems, I know where to save the files to, but my C550 only seems to allow me to set custom sounds for ring tone and nothing else. Any tips? Sorry for any repetition :)

Guest pd.ryder

@HouLeng - you should be able to use .wav files for ANY sound on the phone, but you can only use wma's & mp3's as ringtones, not SMS, email etc.

:)

(EDIT - try this thread as well :D )

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest HouLeng
@HouLeng - you should be able to use .wav files for ANY sound on the phone, but you can only use wma's & mp3's as ringtones, not SMS, email etc.

(EDIT - try this thread as well :D )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah okay so as long as they are in .wav format I should be able to assign any custom sounds to any sound-event on the phone as long as they are in the right folder (application data/sounds)?

Thanks for the other link, much appreciated! I used to customise my old Nokia 6230 as much as I could, looking forward to learning more about smartphone customising.