Override the headset button?

Guest stargate

Guest stargate

Is there a way to do this? All the information I can find on the net explains how to verride the soft key buttons. I also saw something about the volume buttons, but I couldn't find anything about the headset button. Any ideeas or hints?

Guest mini_man

My bt headset button defaultly opens the voice tag button, so im guessing that overideing the voice tag button on the phone will change to the button on the headset.

It isnt possible yet i dont think but i think that gpcarreon is working on it.

Guest stargate

Do you mean by voice tag button the answer key? If so, when not ringin on in a conversation, pressing the headset button doesn't have any effect, while pressing the answer button brings up the call history.

Guest mini_man

On my Bluetooth Headset there is a button that answers/disconnects calls, when not in conversation/ringing the button will open the voice tag link (you speak the programmed voice command and it opens the link.

Is your question that you want to remap the button on your headset to something else?

If so then what does it currently link too because if it links to the voice tag then remapping the voice tag button on the phone should change it.

Guest stargate

I intend to write a program that would do things when the headset button is pressed. Currently when I press the button nothing happens (when in a call or when someone is calling of course it disconnects/answers).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest willgonz

Have you guys found any tricks to get the wired headset button to work with voice command? I would like to leave my phone in my pocket and let voice command handle everything.