vario reboots pc?

Guest stretchy

Guest stretchy

I recently had to reinstall windows xp. Since then when I connect my vario my pc crashes and reboots. The BSOD says someting like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, however all my cards are in the same place as were before the reinstallation, when everything was fine. A strange thing is my C500 syncs fine with no problem.

Guest st3ph3n
I recently had to reinstall windows xp.  Since then when I connect my vario my pc crashes and reboots.  The BSOD says someting like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, however all my cards are in the same place as were before the reinstallation, when everything was fine.  A strange thing is my C500 syncs fine with no problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What firewall and anti-virus you using?

I had Kaspersky installed on my box AGES ago but thought I had removed it. In reality I hadn't and whilst my C500 would sync fine the Vario was causing a BSOD like you're getting. Fully removing it and keeping AVG worked fine.

That's not to say I don't still have Activestink related issues, because I do. That's mainly because it's frankly one of the poorest bits of software ever written.

Guest stretchy
What firewall and anti-virus you using?

I had Kaspersky installed on my box AGES ago but thought I had removed it. In reality I hadn't and whilst my C500 would sync fine the Vario was causing a BSOD like you're getting. Fully removing it and keeping AVG worked fine.

That's not to say I don't still have Activestink related issues, because I do. That's mainly because it's frankly one of the poorest bits of software ever written.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm just using windows one for now, but I am using kaspersky anti virus

Guest stretchy
its kaspersky that restart the pc when you connect the phone, uninstall it and everyhing will work agian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers junkish, your spot on there, can you recommend an antivirus that works with it?

Guest junkish
Cheers junkish, your spot on there, can you recommend an antivirus that works with it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have no clue :)

guess the firewall s*** in norton will f'ck it up to

Edited by junkish