Samsung i320 announced at 3GSM 2006

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Looks like the Motorola Q have some competition with it's new form factor.

The i320 has just been announced. This device has EDGE and Bluetooth etc as standard but they have opted for a microSD fitted internally so you have to remove the battery while the SIM can be accessed without removing it.

Not many other details at the moment but hopefully more will come soon.

Here is the i320 next to the Motorola Q

post-53-1140195416_thumb.jpg post-53-1140195670_thumb.jpg

Source Phonescoop.com

Guest HerpezP

This looks quite nifty - the Motorola Q almost looks huge in comparison :)

Some more specs:

111 x 59 x 11.5 mm

95 g

1.3 megapixel camera

http://gsmarena.com/samsung_i320-1442.php

http://www.newmobile.nl/eur/en/phone.php?phone_id=17ed8a9

NewMobile lists the weight as 86 g (all other sources I have seen says 95 g) and they also list the camera as flash and auto-focus enabled - auto-focus in a 11.5 mm housing would be quite an achievement in my eyes, if that turns out to be true.

On a sidenote - with these thin devices it seem that they have no other place to put the loudspeakers but at the back, which, I assume, isn't that great if you want to lay your phone somewhere while using them.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Why do they have to keep making these damn box screens. You cant play a lot fo games on em!

Developers should be making new games compatable with other resolutions.

Guest bennish

i likee. The size and layout is much nicer than the q. also isn't the q meant to be on hold indefinitely or something?

I just think a ppe phone edition would have been nice (but that's just me) and a square screen instead of the widescreen.

Buttons are definitely cooler

i320 looks much better IMO. Keyboard looks better too. Quality looks higher...

Look at the space under the screen of i320 - looks like it is ready for square (320x320 I hope!) screen in some of the next versions.

I am not Samsung lover, but if I have to choose between Q and i320 I'd go with the sammy :)

Guest nyillustrator
Developers should be making new games compatable with other resolutions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but no one has ported Wolf/Doom or Quake for that res..

Guest awarner [MVP]

Is doom really that inportant? it would only be a matter of time until someone decided to make the port but it's not really that important.

The important thing is for new software to be written to include the different screen resolutions.

not to sure about this as its only me thinking but I wonder if they will let you rotate the screen to 240x320 (normal QVGA) for things like games and native non-scale apps?

Designing games for this new resolution may mean a 240x240 graphics game with side boarders. Wouldnt mind a go of one of these to see how current applaications react to its res.

Guest MitchellO

I seriously think Motorola have left their Q too long. The Samsung is even smaller, which was their main marketing point. Another slow release by Motorola, and I think this one will cost them a bit.

Personally, I would chose the Samsung.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I can see the Q going the same way as the MPX! I really liked the idea of the Q, however i'm loving the smaller i320. I use my kjam keyboard all the time for texting and web browsing, so i think its the i320 thats my new iwantone for the moment!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.