strange message Pocket PC Networking

Guest obionenairobi

Guest obionenairobi

from time to time I get the following message on my Vario:

"Unable to obtain a serverassigned IP address. Try again later or enter an IP address in Network Settings"

The weird thing is that I spontaniously get these messages. This morning I got my Vario out of standy mode and the message was already on the screen.

The message also appeared several times after I shutting down / exiting TomTom

Does someone have the same message and does anyone have a solution?

Guest spdabbs
from time to time I get the following message on my Vario:

"Unable to obtain a serverassigned IP address. Try again later or enter an IP address in Network Settings"

The weird thing is that I spontaniously get these messages. This morning I got my Vario out of standy mode and the message was already on the screen.

The message also appeared several times after I shutting down / exiting TomTom

Does someone have the same message and does anyone have a solution?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I -had- that issue on my Vario, really annoying as it prevented me from using my PCs net connection to send email on my Vario. It only went away when I installed the ROM update - the link for which is no longer valid :\ . Maybe someone has the update still in their downloads folder and would be willing to share :)

Guest spdabbs
which ROM update was that?

I have the T-mobile UK one from December

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was the one that fixed it for me. Hmm :?: Sorry, can't shed any further light on the solution to your issue :)

Guest Drewtech

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I have the ROM update and I get that message. It happens when I have been using networking and then switch it off. I suspect that the network connection tries again at some point and if the wireless is turned off then this message appears. It doesn't seem to stop me doing anything.

Guest orangezorki
Sorry to disappoint you guys but I have the ROM update and I get that message. It happens when I have been using networking and then switch it off. I suspect that the network connection tries again at some point and if the wireless is turned off then this message appears. It doesn't seem to stop me doing anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto for me, though I'm not sure which ROM I'm running (though the Vario was only bought at the end of Jan)

David.