Dopod 818pro,M600 or is there better?

Guest kitsnz

Hiya,

Some advice i'm hoping for -

I'm in Singapore, eyeying up the Dopod 818pro, O2 Atom type handsets....

Is there anything better on the market at the moment?

I don't want to go larger in size than the Dopod, so that counts out the Universal....

Willing to spend a lot of money is thats what it takes to get some thing perfect.

Ideally, i'd like a tiny smartphone capable of running Skype (only via wifi), which is my number one priority, but thats unrealistic right now, so i'm more thatn happy with a PDA style phone.

Will the Dopod 818pro run skype with it's lower processor speed? (overclocking options maybe?)

Cos i've heard the Atom is rubbish, and I'd rather get a super large SD card for the Dopod, than an over priced less gig miniSD....

So basically, Dopod good? Atom worse? Anything better that will run Skype no probs that isn't the size of a brick?

Dopod runs Skype via wifi?

I promise I'll bring you all back one with me...... :)

Thanks heaps!!!

Kit

Edited by kitsnz

Guest jimbouk

The prophet will run skype but you might need to overclock it to get really worthwhile call quality.

The prophet is slower than the m500 - but there's plenty of tweaks to overcome the performance loss - and it's battery definitely lasts longer.

• 2 months later...
Guest wafu

How can I get skype to use my WLAN? It keeps initiating a GPRS connection and I can't see an option to set it only to use WiFI? ;)